Manufacturing Technician III
Performs functions associated with cGMP manufacturing operations within the biologics production facility, including working with engineers in set-up and calibration tasks, as well as performing rework and quality testing related to the production of parts, components and final materials. Uses sophisticated programs (such as LIMS, SAP, automated control systems, etc.) to collect and evaluate operating data, which can be used to conduct on-line adjustments to products, instruments or equipment. Determines and may assist in developing methods and procedures to control or modify the manufacturing process. Key Responsibilities Include:
- Shipping finished materials.
- Maintaining inventory levels.
- Sampling of in process and raw materials.
- Running glass washer / autoclave.
- Buffer / media preparation.
- Equipment preparation (CIP / SIP).
- Cell culture (from vial thaw to production scale).
- Column chromatography.
- Tangential flow filtration.
- Associates degree in science (or equivalent experience), with 4+ years area specific relevant experience. Bachelor's Degree with 2+ years area specific relevant experience.
- Has substantial understanding of the job and applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
- Works on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations.
- Normally receives little instruction on daily work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
- May be informal team leader.