Senior Manager, Field Tools
This position is responsible for field tools strategy; direction, operational processes, resources, and tools that enable the sales force to be more effective and efficient. This position leads industry best practices and benchmarking for sales force technology solutions. This position works with senior sales and marketing management across all sales franchises to recommend initiatives, approaches, and plans of action with the goal to improve overall sales force productivity using technology. This position is the business owner and acts on behalf of field sales in leading large multi-disciplinary field sales technology initiatives including Sales Force Automation (SFA) upgrades, field hardware and technology deployments, and other commercial systems.
Key Responsibilities Include :
Key Responsibilities Include :
- Responsible for field sales initiatives and technology projects. Acts as the business owner, core team member, and/or steering committee member on field technology initiatives. Identifies key stakeholders and gains buy-in on approaches and projects across all functions in CA&O. Sets project priorities and manages resource needs. Facilitates communication and key decisions with stakeholders. Oversees initiatives to ensure all key business deliverables and milestones.
- Develops long range strategic plans for the field sales technology platform that drive a competitive advantage for field sales teams. Proactively develops strategies and plans that meet business needs for each franchise. Sets policies and guidelines for field sales technologies and operations. Gains competitive market knowledge and benchmarks against competitors to validate strategic direction. Develops sales technology solutions, business & financial justifications for key projects.
- Subject Matter expert working in conjunction with the Digital Learning Team and/or our department communications member to identify training/education and communications opportunities to pull through system use. Present at ISTC, provide support during field meets, facilitate focus groups, or present systems capabilities to key internal stakeholders.
- Create and maintain a wide and deep network of relationships across senior sales management to include VP's, GM's, and Sales Directors. Viewed as a trusted partner and has established credibility and respect with field sales management and functional support teams. Ability to influence key stakeholders to gain approval on strategic initiatives. Extensive experience in understanding the underlying business needs and translating to holistic field sales technology solutions.
- BA, BS degree required. Master's degree in business or science preferred.
- 7 years experience (preferred) with a combination of US Commercial Sales, Sales Operations, Information Technology, Project Management, Pharma and technology experience.
- Strong project management, team leadership, problem solving, and communication skills; Ability to clearly and confidently articulate complex and difficult concepts.
- Experience and expertise with regulatory audits and practices; Extensive understanding of pharmaceutical field sales activities, roles and behaviors; Excellent business acumen, understanding of Compliance, Legal, Med/Reg drivers and guidance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access; Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Able to manage multiple tasks/priorities simultaneously with sense of urgency; Strong project management, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong customer and operations focus; Confidence in providing subject
- Ability to develop and deliver training and communications; public speaking ability addressing groups of a few to thousands.
- Experience in developing, deploying, and managing effective IT systems, quality control procedures, and comfort in directing low level analytics.
- Ability to thrive in a team environment; Ability to develop and execute innovative, creative solutions
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled