R&D Transformation Liaison
Amgen is seeking a Business Performance Senior Manager - Research and Development at our corporate campus located in Thousand Oaks, California. The Senior Manager will report directly to the Vice President R&D Transformation.
The Senior Manager will lead, or provide liaison support, for components of functional change initiative(s), drive improvement opportunities through the use of Amgen Full Potential (AFP) process and toolkit, develop approaches to improve productivity and implement comprehensive change strategies to transform the organization and enable it to adapt to business challenges. The R&D Transformation Office (FTO) is part of the Results Delivery Office which supports Amgen's transformation. The Senior Manager, within the FTO, will work to bring the transformation further into each functional area, working closely with functional teams and, as such, will create the FTO's agenda. The FTO is focused on supporting improved business performance, target achievement and strategic initiatives that are key to Amgen's future performance.
The Senior Manager, within the FTO, will work to bring the transformation further into each functional area, working closely with functional teams and, as such, will create the FTO's agenda. The FTO is focused on supporting improved business performance, target achievement and strategic initiatives that are key to Amgen's future performance.
There is a Functions Transformation Office (FTO) for each of the four major functions across Amgen (GCO, R&D, Ops, G&A). Each of the FTOs implement programmatic systems and processes, advance organizational transformation capability development, and execute projects to continue the AFP transformation in the function. These activities help ensure long term success and adoption of transformational capabilities within the function.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Manager will include:
- Leads Amgen's Full Potential Capability, Tool Support, Coaching and Application by developing strong skills in application and facilitation of AFP methodology and tools
- Acts as a resource to the function for use of AFP tools and methodology to solve business problems
- Provides cross sub-functional initiative support and works with teams to solve business problems using the Amgen's Full Potential Methodology
- Guides the FTO team in the AFP methodology, driving innovative transformational thinking, ensuring fair process, escalating issues, and ensuring high quality deliverables in line with the AFP process
- Provides valuation and validation via business case support for teams to value ideas, options and investments (validation of results realized, methodology used, and long term sustainability of improvements)
- Supports idea generation in functions to ensure a pipeline of ongoing projects and pending ideas to align with short and long term targets
- Provides tracking and reporting of project status as agreed upon by the results delivery office for corporate role up and review in addition to functional tracking as deemed necessary by the local functional leader
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Scientific and/or Operations and/or Business experience
Master's degree and 4 years of Scientific and/or Operations and/or Business experience
Bachelor's degree and 6 years of Scientific and/or Operations and/or Business experience
Associate's degree and10 years of Scientific and/or Operations and/or Business experience
High school diploma / GED & 12 years of Scientific and/or Operations and/or Business experience
- 5 years' experience in Biotechnology / Pharmaceutical industry
- 6 years' cross-functional consulting, project management, and/or Liaison experience
- Experience at a top tier Management Consulting Firm
- Strong presence with Senior Executives
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to storyline and prepare executive-level discussion documents
- Excellent conceptual problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to bring structure to vaguely defined problems, pragmatically scope problem solving approach, and manage execution
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytic skills
- Strong leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to influence different styles
- Experience as a member of a high performing team
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.