Manager, Compensation & Benefits (Total Rewards)
Zymeworks is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation bispecific and multifunctional biotherapeutics. Zymeworks’ suite of complementary therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely engineer and develop highly-differentiated product candidates.
Zymeworks is seeking a highly-motivated professional who is looking to grow their career with our company.
About the Position
We are seeking a Manager, Total Rewards to join our Human Resources team. The successful candidate will assist in designing and implementing total rewards strategies, along with developing and evaluating existing programs. The Manager, Total Rewards will also coordinate the annual performance and compensation review processes, administer the Canadian employee benefit programs and compile compensation information for meetings.
This position will report to the Vice President, Human Resources and can be based in either Vancouver, BC or Seattle, WA.
- In consultation with the Vice President, Human Resources, assists in designing and implementing strategies which support the organization's overall corporate culture through initiatives that provide competitive compensation, benefits and other rewards to Zymeworks employees.
- Develops and refines site-specific total rewards programs (compensation, benefits, wellness, employee engagement) in collaboration with the Vice President, Human Resources.
- Performs regular evaluation of existing total rewards policies and programs and recommends changes to ensure programs are market competitive, internally equitable, and aligned with Zymeworks' strategic goals.
- Develops communication materials to ensure that employees adequately understand Zymeworks' Total Rewards programs, and aligns these programs with Zymeworks' corporate goals and strategy.
- Compiles compensation information for quarterly Board of Director meetings and Compensation Committee meetings, prepares tables, organizational charts and statistics, as required, and generates employee stock option grant resolutions and agreements for review and approval. Reviews HR-generated correspondence for formatting and clarity.
- Administers the company's employee benefit programs in Canada including Group RRSP, Group Non-Registered Savings Plan, Extended Health and Dental Plan, Group Medical Services Plan, and Employee Stock Purchase Plan. Processes enrolments, explains coverage, responds to plan questions, modifies/terminates coverage and ensures Finance and policy service providers are kept up-to-date on employee changes.
- Participates in compensation surveys, appropriately matches positions, compiles internal benefit and salary information and submits finalized survey data.
- Coordinates the annual performance and compensation review process. Reviews and edits forms and ensures timely return of completed reviews. With the assistance of the HRIS Analyst, prepares spreadsheets for department heads outlining salient employee information, solicits salary adjustment and promotional recommendations, and collects and compiles data into one master document for cross-departmental equity review and budget analysis.
- Performs job evaluations and analysis to classify new or revised roles and validates essential duties, education and experience requirements. Ensures compliance with internal pay equity guidance.
- Participates in the onboarding of new employees, conducting monthly benefit overview and presentation to new hires.
- Responds to ad hoc questions from employees and managers regarding compensation, benefits, policies and procedures and other HR-related initiatives. Prepares HR reports at the request of department managers or Vice President, Human Resources.
- Provides back-up to the HRIS Analyst, enters, maintains and updates information in the HRIS ensuring data is complete and accurate.
- Liaises with payroll to ensure payroll-affecting information is processed accurately and on time.
- Drafts correspondence on behalf of the Vice President, Human Resources and reviews HR-generated emails, correspondence and contracts for content and errors. May assist with the creation of PowerPoint presentations for Board of Directors meetings or Compensation Committee meetings.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to improve existing processes and/or implement new ones.
- Provides assistance with corporate HR initiatives and projects as required.
- Fosters effective and collaborative working relationships with fellow employees, management and external partners.
Qualifications and Experience
- A university degree or diploma in Human Resource Management and a minimum of 5 to 7 years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Holds or is working towards CEBS or CCP designation.
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, management and external associates.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work effectively in a high paced, fast changing environment. Results-oriented.
- Excellent administrative/customer service skills with a proactive, problem solving approach. Ability to function professionally with tact and diplomacy during periods of high stress.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to educate, influence and persuade others.
- Ability to exercise professionalism, sound judgement and discretion when handling issues of a difficult sensitive or confidential nature. Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding departmental and personnel matters.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. High attention to detail.
- Proficiency with MS Office. Experience with Mac operating systems is an asset.
- Knowledge of NetSuite, WebEx and OrgChart Now or other organizational/flow chart production tools is an asset. HRIS experience preferred.
- Hold or is working towards a CPHR designation is an asset.
Why Work for Us?
Zymeworks’ employees are passionate, engaged and extremely motivated to succeed. We are excited by the cutting-edge science and technology, the endless possibilities this union holds and the sheer opportunity to be a part of something big. To learn more about Zymeworks Inc. and our current openings, please visit our website at www.zymeworks.com.
We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please apply online by clicking "Apply now". Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.