Sr Director, Value and Access
Other Locations:US- NJ- Summit East
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Facing an increasing complicated environment, the Senior Director of Value and Access will define, implement and execute the strategies, programs and tools to best communicate the value of the current and future Celgene portfolio and the company's innovation-driven business model. To accomplish this, he/she will work in close coordination with colleagues from the business franchises, Corporate Affairs & Market Access colleagues including Patient Advocacy, Policy, Communications and Government Relations to shape the pricing and access environment that Celgene operates. In addition, the Senior Director will provide up-to-date knowledge and insights of the external market access environment and foster awareness and dissemination of internal best practices.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop and lead the execution of strategies to define and to communicate the value of Celgene portfolio medicines and the importance of access to innovative medicines
- Deliver annually the Celgene Value and Innovation Report and supporting materials. Lead communication efforts for report both internally and externally
- Lead development of Celgene Value of Medical Innovation materials and communications
- Lead the planning for data generation, adaptation and communication of Value materials to meet corporate, franchise and market-specific needs
- Convert value and economic arguments into tools for use across multiple stakeholders (Policy makers, media, patient advocacy leaders)
- Create communication plans for priority value and economic studies to drive reach and impact.
- Identify specific opportunities to shape the environment to ensure access to innovative medicines in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Understand and monitor policies and trends that impact the Celgene portfolio of existing products and investigational candidates
- Support public policy advocacy strategies in coordination with global and regional colleagues as a member of the Global Policy working team
- Partner with franchises and regional / affiliate colleagues to develop Value tools and training
- Act as a representative and advocate for Celgene in external networks (academic institutions, policy makers, payers); create and manage effective relationships with external partners to further policy initiatives relating to value and access, including representing Celgene with trade associations
- Share best practices and learnings of communicating the value of Celgene medicines
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelors' degree in political science, international relations, economics, business, health policy or related field preferred. Advanced degree in public policy, business, law or related discipline a plus
- At least 10 years of experience in health policy, government affairs, reimbursement, or consulting in the Biopharmaceutical or Healthcare Industry
- Has excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex or technical content in a convincing way to non-technical audiences
- Is a flexible team member with a positive attitude, ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally and the ability to prioritize projects
- Is experienced in managing multiple projects simultaneously and delivering results in a timely manner
#LI-POSTCelgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.