Sr. Scientist, In Vitro
Other Locations:US- CA- San Diego- Science Park
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
A Sr. Scientist is a PhD level scientist with 8 years of relevant experience or an experienced MS or BS scientist with 15 years relevant experience. This position will work within the DMPK Department conducting various in vitro ADME studies (e.g., metabolic stability, CYP450 inhibition, and plasma protein binding) and executing the design and bioanalysis of a variety of in vivo ADME and PK studies to inform compound design and aid in the advancement of compounds to the clinic. Ideally, the successful candidate will be able to establish the major metabolic pathways of drug candidates and determine the mechanistic interaction of drug candidates and metabolites with drug metabolizing enzymes. Working knowledge or hands-on experience with transporter or induction assays would be a plus but not required. The Sr. Scientist contributes to the day-to-day management of the research project, has the ability to influence and collaborate with scientists across disciplines, and has an in-depth understanding of DMPK and bioanalytical principles. The Sr. Scientist has a demonstrated ability to plan, guide strategy with the input of his/her supervisor, and solve problems in one or more projects.
Major Responsibilities Are To:
- Conduct, interpret, and report data for in vitro ADME assays, such as metabolic stability (microsomes, plasma, and hepatocytes), plasma protein binding, CYP450 inhibition, reaction phenotyping, metabolite identification, etc.
- Design and analyze in vivo ADME and PK studies to determine mechanisms affecting the absorption, distribution, metabolism, and excretion of drug candidates.
- Present experimental findings and interpretation to cross-functional teams.
- Assist with writing and reviewing technical reports and other documents in support of regulatory filings.
- Participate in the development and/or implementation of new DMPK technologies as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ph.D. plus 8 years or MS plus 15 years or BS plus 18 years
- In depth and practical understanding of ADME and PK principles, including enzyme and time-dependent inactivation kinetics
- Proficient with HPLC, LC/MS/MS, and HRMS techniques
- Effective oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Self-motivated, fast learner, proactive in problem solving, and able to manage timelines and priorities.
- Independently interprets experimental data.
- Designs and develops protocols and solves technical problems.
- Comfortable with using computers, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, WinNonlin/Phoenix, and graphing programs such as Prism or SigmaPlot. Experience with SimCYP and in vitro-in vivo extrapolation would be a plus.
- Works closely with team members from other departments/disciplines.
- Capable of working within a fast-paced team environment
- May manage external collaborations.
#LI-POSTCelgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.