Intern - IT Cloud Infrastructure and Security
Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer. More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer. Value to the Intern The IT Cloud Infra and Security Intern will be responsible for configuration, administration, testing, Security, and Implementation of the solutions that involve On Premise and Cloud Infrastructure. The intern will collaborate with IT Infrastructure and Security team members to plan, test, and implement solutions that conform to the desired quality standard. The role involves working on cross-functional Infrastructure and Security projects that drive technology transformation to our organization. Key Accountabilities / Core Job Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate knowledge of cloud architecture and implementation features (OS, multi-tenancy, virtualization, orchestration, elastic scalability)
- Design, build, and improve cloud environments on Amazon Web Services and traditional data center environments.
- Provide advanced engineering support to production support teams for complex application performance and infrastructure issues.
- Demonstrate knowledge of DevOps tool chains and processes
- Contribute to DevOps development activities and complex development tasks
- Define optimal design patterns and solutions for high availability and disaster recovery for applications
- Deliver solutions to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Client Systems Mgmt services.
- Implementation of AWS or Microsoft Azure and VMware enterprise is a plus.
- Knowledge of AWS Services (EC2, VPCs, ELB, S3/EBS, CFN, Direct Connect etc.), Azure, Google Cloud, Virtualization, Chef, Hadoop etc is a plus.
- Understanding of AWS infrastructure, instance deployment, migration and administration. Understanding of DevOps technologies including Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, and others Knowledge of modern programming languages such as: Shell/Bash,Perl, Ruby, Python, etc.
- Knowledge of working with Windows/Unix/Linux systems.
- Monitoring using Cloud Watch, Pulseways, Solarwinds, Splunk or similar service. Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Complete at least second year of university studies prior to internship start date
- Currently enrolled and in good standing at an accredited college/university
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field is required
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or equivalent