2018 Experiential Intern (Graduate Level) - Process Engineering Science
The AbbVie Experiential Internship Program As an AbbVie Experiential Intern, you'll participate in a paid, ten to twelve-week summer program that is focused on providing students with robust projects throughout the summer. As an intern, you will be located at our corporate headquarters in north suburban Chicago, with housing and shuttle services for eligible students. Department Overview - Process Engineering Science The Process Engineering Science Department is primarily focused on the development of formulations of new chemical entities from an engineering perspective. This includes scaling up processes from the lab to the pilot scale and from the pilot scale to the commercial scale Assignment Details This position will be focused on development and demonstration of methodologies to scale high shear wet granulation processes from the lab to pilot scale. This will include development of experimental protocols, lab work to perform granulations and performing analytical testing on the resulting granulation products. Along with lab work, the intern candidate may work with the pilot plant to execute protocols and analyze the resulting granulation products. Additional responsibility may include literature searches and identification of computer modelling techniques which can be utilized to minimize experimental efforts during scale-up of high shear wet granulation.
- Completed at least one year of college education before beginning internship
- Must be enrolled in school the semester following your internship
- Graduate Level Student majoring in Chemical Engineering
- Minimum Cumulative GPA: 3.0/4.0
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship (students on an F1 visa with CPT can be accommodated).