Senior Database Engineer
Key Responsibilities Includes:
- Provides guidance in database administration activities to less experienced DBAs.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Review, validate and enhance logical database designs. Define and implement physical databases.
- Perform database administration activities (e.g., modifications, enhancements, expansions).
- Conducts production database performance monitoring and capacity planning. Install, test and upgrade database releases and associated products.
- Diagnoses database-related issues (e.g., database outages, application performance).
- Lead the development of database standards and procedures. Evaluate and recommend new database software, utilities, and tools.
- Daily interaction with clients on divisional and enterprise wide projects and peer resources in other technical support organizations (e.g. hardware, storage, etc.).
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience), Masters preferred.
- Minimum of five years' experience as a DBA in the design, testing, implementation and administration of management systems database.
- Technical training including Database Administration, Performance and Tuning, and Backup and Recovery.
- Knowledge of the systems development lifecycle a plus.
- Experience of NoSQL such as MongoDB and/or MarkLogic is a plus
- Requires experience with file structures, design, retrieval, and access methods, etc. Experience establishing guidelines, procedures and standards for database administration is a plus.
- Requires excellent analytical, communication and consultative skills, as well as sound judgment and the ability to work effectively with client and other IT management and staffs.
- Total experience: 10-13 years.