Finance Manager - Inventory Analytics, Reporting & Systems
The Finance Manager - Inventory Analytics, Reporting & Systems provides financial leadership and expertise around processes and policies governing inventory, promotes cross-functional collaboration, and drives automation and improvements in inventory consolidation and reporting. This position reports under Operations Supply Chain Finance, and partners closely with Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Commercial and ISSG organizations.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Be a role model in the Global Inventory Team by demonstrating vision, enabling change and promoting teamwork and communication. Help the team reach their career potential through coaching, constructive feedback, goal setting, career development plans, delegation of responsibility and establishing accountability to drive results.
- Drive inventory governance through adherence to global policy, standardization of inventory processes, automation and establishing key partnerships and connectivity to other key functions, such as ISSG and Commercial.
- Support business partners globally by providing actionable insight on inventory holdings, demand coverage, inventory at risk, impact of product phase-outs / divestitures, assessment on pre-launch builds, etc.
- Drive improvements in the inventory function, such as global standardization of exposure reserves, simplification of SRV process, enhancements to improve data integrity, building robust and agile reporting, and simplifying month-end close processes in order to meet close acceleration requirements.
- Help drive automation in the inventory function by advancing technologies and functionality enhancements in Qlikview tool, such as future projections, general ledger automation, help drive implementation of tool for identification of “at risk” inventory, and global roll-out of material destruction order tool, etc.
- Act as primary contact for coordination and engagement with ASPIRE project team as it pertains to functionality requirements for inventory in the ASPIRE tool. Serve as key stake holder in SMART initiative (migration of TCGM factors from PSCR to SAP).
- Oversee the monthly consolidation of AbbVie inventory and assist with preparation of reports and analyses necessary for the month-end close, including assessment of overall balance, analysis of deferred margin in relation to inventory on hand, impact of exchange, etc.
- Assist with preparation of slide-decks for management reporting, which include various analyses on inventory composition, by brand, by production stage and by location, changes in exposure reserves, and changes in pre-launch builds for pipeline products.
- Lead the global inventory forecast cycles (Plan, Update, LRP) and pursue process enhancements by leveraging technology in order to advance business objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required; MBA in Accounting or Finance and/or CPA/CMA preferred
- 7-10 years progressive accounting or finance experience required
- Solid experience leading teams and developing direct staff
- Experience supporting and presenting to senior business and finance leaders
- Good understanding of accounting and MRP systems such as SAP and TM1 is preferred
- Ability to recognize opportunities and solve business problems through the proactive identification of issues and subsequent collection, analysis and interpretation of related data
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Demonstrated problem solving and analysis within a broad framework of AbbVie's financial policies (CFMs), and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel to internationally
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled