Associate Director, Finance - R&D
Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer.
To learn more about us, please visit us at http://www.pharmacyclics.com/
Pharmacyclics is seeking an
Associate Director, Finance - R&D
The Associate Director, FP&A serves a critical role within the Financial Planning & Analysis group, providing support to the R&D Organization, including Discovery, CMC, & Other R&D. This role is responsible for forecasting, reporting and providing business analysis support to business partners. The individual will collaborate with functional department leads to design, implement, and execute core planning & analysis processes with an emphasis on business partnering and customer service. Strong financial and business acumen in addition to broad knowledge of FP&A processes are essential to the success of this role. The individual will manage a team of five professionals.
- Manage a team of financial professionals that work with budget owners and functional heads to develop detailed monthly budgets
- Manage the annual budgeting/planning process as well as the regular expense forecasts for the R&D organization.
- Collaborate with accounting team on the month-end close including the oversight of the monthly and quarterly accruals related to expenditures
- Review contracts to ensure financial compliance requirements
- Review quarterly results specific to collaboration spend
- Review quarterly forecast for R&D specific to collaboration spend
- Work with alliance partner on accurate finance forecasting, informative alliance reporting and overall financial planning
- Develop strong partnership with business, senior management, and Finance leadership and provide insights into key trends and drivers
- Identify areas of improvement and lead initiatives to recommend and implement change
- Support the Strategic Long-Range Plan “LRP” & prepare a detailed 10 year forecast for clinical trials, Discovery, & headcount based on trial volume; Prepare NPV analysis & ROI as requested.
- Directly support the Development Leadership Team (DLT) and Joint Development Committee (JDC) on financial matters (prepare & present financial results to senior leaders with the RDLT and JDC)
- Provide ad-hoc analysis and project support as required
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate successfully
- Manage competing assignments and meet multiple deadlines
- Define appropriate performance metrics and provide guidance to the business partners
- Support decision making processes with financial reporting and analysis on wide range of business and financial matters
- 8+ years experience in FP&A or similar function
- BS degree in Finance or Accounting, MBA/CPA preferred
- Supervisory experience
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Strong presentation and leadership skills
- Strong collaborative style of working with business partners, accounting, and other functional groups
- Expert level of proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint and financial reporting tools
- Should be able to work under pressure and at a fast pace