Talent Acquisition Manager
You will develop and execute a long-range plan and short-term strategies to recruit and hire top talent for Cepheid in a high growth life science environment. The talent acquisition leader must demonstrate a relentless focus on the successful execution of Cepheid’s TA processes and programs. As a leader of the TA organization you will continuously network to develop aggressive sourcing strategies to build and leverage a pool of qualified, diverse talent for open and anticipated positions. You’ll develop, build and maintain in-depth knowledge and expertise of the competitive marketplace and educate business partners and stakeholders.
- Direct, oversee and continually develop Cepheid’s talent acquisition and university relations/internship programs.
- Continually develop and execute effective recruiting strategies, programs and processes for delivering top-quality talent and meeting hiring plans in a timely and consistent fashion.
- Engage and partner with the hiring managers, department leaders and HR business partners to understand hiring requirements, set realistic expectations and educate on the recruiting process.
- Lead, inspire, and develop a passionate recruiting team and manage the 3rd party recruiting partner.
- Define, track and analyze talent acquisition metrics and develop practical tracking and reporting methods to monitor and improve performance, establish goals / KPIs to drive success.
- Follow up with candidates and hiring managers to obtain feedback regarding our recruiting process and use that feedback to continually evolve and improve our recruiting practice.
- Create and execute on Cepheid’s employer brand strategy, including innovative ways of utilizing social media.
- Develop internal educational and change management campaigns to strengthen the assessment and selection of talent.
- Seek out and leverage industry and competitor business trends and best practices to ensure we maintain a competitive advantage.
- Drive and participate in internal and external employment events, and other initiatives that build robust passive and active candidate pipelines.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, organizational development or related field.
- 6-8 years TA experience with at least 3+ years in managing or leading a talent acquisition function.
- Preference from either high tech industry or life sciences/diagnostics.
- Extensive experience in staffing management and strong process execution excellence.
- Ability to develop creative solutions and drive effective organizational change.
- Experience with large, company-wide program implementations.
- Experience developing and managing employer branding programs.
- Proven track record in sourcing passive talent and recruiting.
- Working knowledge of applicant tracking systems (ATS), social media and recruiting process workflows.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience in a global, multi-site growth oriented company.
- Candidates must have experience dealing with people leaders and Human Resources teams and be capable of providing strong leadership for a global TA function.
Personal Characteristics and Traits
- A “hands-on” orientation and willing to dig in personally and actively to get things done.
- Passion for process execution excellence.
- Thought leadership, critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Strong intellectual agility with innate curiosity.
- Demonstrated self-confidence; does not shy away from constructive conflict and confrontation; perceived as trustworthy, honest and non-political; open, communicative.
- Able to find a good balance between consensus orientation, integration ability and relationship building on the one hand, and toughness, performance orientation on the other hand.
- Change agent with “strong followership” and rigor in driving the change process.
- Unquestionable integrity, viewed as credible and trustworthy to a broad range of stakeholders.
- Leads courageously, acts with integrity and moves easily between shaping strategy, visionary thinking, and execution.
- Proven track record of performance, results, and customer-focus.