Research Associate, Immunology
Molecular Templates (MTEM) is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company targeting a variety of cancers through development of its innovative proprietary Engineered Toxin Body (ETB) platform. MTEM's first immunotoxin, MT-3724, is in clinical development for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Pipeline products for additional oncology targets are being advanced toward clinical development. For more information, please visit MTEM's website at www.mtem.com.
Molecular Templates is seeking a highly-motivated and skilled Research Associate to support the evaluation and development of ETB therapeutics related to oncology and other immune-associated diseases. This position will be primarily lab-based and focused on executing validated assays, as well as support of novel project and platform development, as needed. This position requires excellent technical, analytical, time management and organizational skills, along with adherence to written and verbal instructions and accurate and timely completion of documentation.
Job Responsibilities will include:
- Perform in vitro and ex vivo cell-based assays in order to characterize and validate novel targets, including but not limited to: isolating and culturing human immune cells from whole blood or whole blood products; T-cell functional immune-assays, including cytotoxicity, proliferation, and immune/target co-culture model systems; multi-color flow cytometry; ELISA or similar technology platforms
- Manage and maintain primary immune cells, cell-lines and reagents
- Conduct molecular biology techniques, generating, cloning and expressing target ETBs for evaluation in immune-based assays
- Document all procedures in an accurate and timely manner
- Conduct general laboratory duties, including washing glassware, ordering supplies, and maintaining inventory (e.g. media prep) and basic laboratory equipment
- Execute and manage new projects, as needed
- Bachelor's degree with 2+ years of relevant experience; or Master's degree in immunology, oncology or related field
- Experience in industry, preferred
- Expertise in cell culture and/or optimization of cell-based assays
- Experience with molecular cloning, including construct design, transformations, and transfections
- Experience with multi-parameter flow cytometry panel generation and design, preferred
- Familiarity with generation of T-cell functional assays, retroviral transduction, molecular cloning and gene expression, preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge of spreadsheet, word processing and statistical analysis software
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills applied to investigations
- Excellent organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities or projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction, work under supervision and exercise good judgement
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, high-growth and team-based work environment
- Ability to lift 30 lbs. and must be able to stand, crouch, sit, bend, or stretch for extended periods of time
This position currently has no supervisory responsibilities. This position reports to VP, Immunology, R&D.
Molecular Templates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers competitive salaries and benefits.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.