Molecular Templates (MTEM) is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company targeting a variety of cancers through development of its innovative proprietary Engineered Toxin Body (ETB) platform. MTEM's first immunotoxin, MT-3724, is in clinical development for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Pipeline products for additional oncology targets are being advanced toward clinical development. For more information, please visit MTEM's website at www.mtem.com.
Molecular Templates is seeking an accomplished and highly-motivated Immunologist to support the evaluation and development of ETB therapeutics related to oncology and other immune-associated diseases. This position will be primarily lab-based and focused on executing and managing internal assays, as well as in the development of novel immune-based assays for the evaluation of ETB function and clearance of targets. In addition, this Scientist will contribute to the strategic design and forward progress of in vitro/in vivo model development for evaluation and characterization of ETB immune-based mechanism of action (MOA) for the ETB platform. This requires expertise in cell culture or immunology techniques, excellent molecular biology skills and ability to provide thought-leadership and deliver results.
Job Responsibilities will include:
- Plan and execute in vitro and ex vivo cell-based assays in order to characterize and validate novel targets, including but not limited to: isolating and culturing human immune cells from whole blood or whole blood products; 3D culture or similar immune models; T-cell functional immune-assays, including cytotoxicity, proliferation, and immune/target co-culture model systems; multi-color flow cytometry; ELISA or similar technology platforms
- Perform and optimize molecular biology techniques, generating, cloning and expressing target ETBs for evaluation in immune-based assays
- Analyze data, summarize conclusions and plans for further action, and present results, to team members and management in a clear and timely manner
- Maintain knowledge of scientific trends and industry processes through readings, conferences and seminars in order to contribute to strategic development of novel ETB platforms
- Document all procedures in an accurate and timely manner
- Conduct general laboratory duties, including washing glassware, ordering supplies, and maintaining inventory (e.g. media prep) and basic laboratory equipment
- Execute and manage new projects, as needed
- Master's degree with 4+ years of relevant experience; or PhD immunology, oncology or related field
- Experience in industry, preferred
- Expertise in cell culture and/or immunology techniques with human cells, including design and optimization of cell-based assays
- Expertise in one or more of the following: T-cell signaling, co-stimulation, checkpoint inhibition, pattern recognition, xenograft and syngeneic immuno-oncology models
- Experience with molecular cloning, including construct design, transformations, and transfections
- Experience with multi-parameter flow cytometry panel generation and design, required
- Familiarity with generation of T-cell functional assays, retroviral transduction, molecular cloning and gene expression, preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge of spreadsheet, word processing and statistical analysis software
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills applied to investigations
- Excellent project management, time management, and multi-tasking skills
- Proven ability to design research projects independently and provide thought-leadership
- Ability to manage competing priorities or projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to function independently and exercise good judgement, as well as work closely in cross-functional teams to support multiple pre-clinical stage programs
- Ability to clearly and efficiently document, communicate and present complex data sets
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, high-growth and team-based work environment
This position currently has no supervisory responsibilities. This position reports to VP, Immunology, R&D.
Molecular Templates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers competitive salaries and benefits.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.