Associate Scientist I/II, Immuno−Oncology Genomics
POSITION DESCRIPTION:Independently perform reliable and reproducible nucleic acid extraction and next generation sequencing library prep in a timely manner. Demonstrate experimental precision and should possess understanding of core discipline. Key Responsibilities Include:
- Be a key member of an essential team that perform routine nucleic acid extraction and next generation sequencing experiments competently and independently, and generate reliable and consistent results.
- Track and process samples submitted by colleagues.
- Analyze and critique results, noting significant deviations.
- Troubleshoot experiments and instrumentation.
- Utilize standard molecular genomics laboratory equipment as well as liquid handling instrument
- Learn and understand new experimental techniques.
- Demonstrate skill in multiple techniques and appropriately modify protocols, as required, to suit the needs of research or development sciences.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency in next generation sequencing field.
- Impact projects predominantly through lab and/or pilot plant based activities.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, safety, appropriate handling of materials where applicable.
Associate Scientist I: Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent education
Associate Scientist II: Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent education, with typically 3 or more years' experience or Master's Degree or equivalent education
- Theoretical and practical knowledge to carry out job function
- Demonstrated proficiency with basic molecular biology techniques (PCR and DNA extraction etc.)
- Maintaining a high level of attention to details is a must
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled