WHAT WE DO
Poised at the crossroads of biology and computation, Recursion is disrupting the pharmaceutical industry’s approach to drug discovery. Our unique platform leverages the most advanced biology, high-throughput automation, and artificial intelligence to rapidly discover treatments for rare diseases, inflammatory diseases, cardiovascular diseases of aging, and more (think immuno-oncology).
Our approach to scalable, high-dimensional biology allows us to find potential treatments for many diseases at a rapid pace. Our Innovation and Enabling Biology team identifies advanced and relevant in vitro models across a number of therapeutic areas, and advanced high-dimensional assays to advance the therapeutic boundaries of our platform. This team performs platform-enabling pilot experiments to validate new methods and assays before transitioning them to the High Throughput Biology team. This is where you come in...
HOW YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
The high-level job description has only one item: do whatever is necessary to help us progress in identifying treatments for diseases. On any given day, you'll work with a number of teams to design and pilot assays of strategic interest to Recursion and our partners. You will be the in-house expert on new in vitro models and techniques of immediate relevance to our platform (e.g. infectious diseases and inflammation) and will validate the utility of these technologies.
For this role, we are looking for scientists who are eager to:
Shape- As a Scientist on the IEB team, you’ll work with other scientists and associates to execute on projects to drive our growth. You will be recognized for your ability to think about possibilities and dream up new ways to utilize our platform.
Explore- You will draw upon your creativity and independent thinking skills to strategically design and execute multiple experiments simultaneously. Inspiration will come from technical literature and in-depth interactions with our automation team.
Drive- You will act as a project champion, collaborate with your peers in Biology, and work cross functionally with members of the Data Science, Software Engineering, and High Throughput Screening teams.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- A Ph.D. and/or postdoctoral experience with a track record of outstanding past projects, publications, and collaborations
- 1-5 years of industry experience working in small molecule drug discovery
- Experience in high content imaging, high-throughput biology, and/or cellular immunology (a strong plus)
- The ability and desire to execute complex cellular and molecular lab experiments
- Proven experience in cellular biology and the ability to efficiently troubleshoot cellular experiments
- A passion for hands-on experimental execution
PERKS YOU’LL ENJOY
- Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums (in most cases 100%)
- 401(k) with generous matching
- Flexible, generous vacation/sick leave
- Company-provided lunches, snacks, and beverages to keep you fueled up and focused
- Industry-leading paid maternity, paternity, and adoption leave
- Two one-week company closures during the winter holidays and during the peak of summer
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Impressive office & laboratory space, soon to be located downtown
- Showers, lockers, bike parking, nearby trail access - to facilitate an active and outdoorsy lifestyle
Recursion Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.