Business Analyst, Technical Lead
Looking for an experienced, accomplished, self-motivated Business Analysis Technical Lead to provide technical solutions through business system analysis, data mapping, design, development and support - particularly one with experience enhancing and supporting finance systems, processes and data analysis.
- Build relationships and work with finance and other areas of business to understand their business processes, the technical systems (i.e. IBM Cognos TM1) that support them and the challenges both business and IT support experience
- Collaborate and provide some oversight with IT team (e.g., System Analyst, Architect, DBA) to design solutions
- Engage the business and IT on data flows, mapping, and understanding the data that is created and/or consumed by the business
- Engage the architecture team to define integration needs across multiple systems and projects
- Reach out to technical teams to gather timing and cost estimates for proposed work
- Understand data modeling activities that include working with cross functional team to help implement the data strategy and technical best practices
- Participate in data mapping details on the attributes required including information on how the data from the source system will be transformed and stored in the target system
- Create high level design artifacts
- Perform code reviews as needed
- Translate approved scope and supporting user requirements, including non-functional and functional requirements, into effective technical solutions that meet business needs
- Socialize deployment activities as needed to all respective technology groups
- May be called upon to provide any level of technical analysis and integration solution guidance for single or multiple projects.
- 5-7 years of total IT experience in analysis, process and data flow mapping, design, development, testing, and implementation (full project life cycle) of various platforms and applications, including IBM Cognos TM1, Unix environment, SAP, .NET framework, Salesforce, and web services API integrations
- Proficient in business system analysis, writing business processes, authoring business rules, and creating business and functional requirements.
- Experience building new financial databases, designing and implementing all data load processes, and building queries and reports to enable access to Actual, Budget, and Forecast numbers
- Resolving support issues, assessing impact of new business requirements on existing applications, and identifying opportunities to improve application processes.
- Ability to work in a team in diverse / multiple stakeholder environments (internal business, external vendors and partners), global delivery environment.
- Knowledge of SAP, financial planning and currency exchange is a plus
- Operating Systems: MS-DOS, UNIX, Windows 2000/NT 4.0, DB2 , UNIX
- Software/Tools: IBM Cognos TM1 10.1.1 & 10.2, SAP, MS Excel Add-In, Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports and Oracle Application Framework, .NET Framework, web services API and integrations, Salesforce
- Microsoft Suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio