Business Risk Intelligence Analyst II
The Business Risk Intelligence Analyst II (BRIA) provides global security intelligence by monitoring, filtering, evaluating, and analyzing risk events and developments that affect or can potentially impact AbbVie worldwide. The BRIA provides situational research, risk assessments, trend analyses, and forward-looking intelligence reports to Global Security leadership, the Regional Security team, and other AbbVie stakeholders, up to senior leadership. The BRIA is an expert in advanced methods used in intelligence gathering and analysis, and monitors the changing security environment relating to country risk and geopolitical developments, travel security, product and supply chain risk, and both physical and reputational risks to AbbVie. The role requires superior writing, analysis, and briefing talent.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Create written communications, including Global Security's flagship publication the “BRI Weekly Bulletin” whose audience includes senior company leaders including the CEO. Other reports include country risk assessments, risk trend analyses, executive summaries, situational notifications and updates, travel security briefings, and scenario analyses.
- Continuously monitoring the worldwide security environment, discover developing trends, patterns, and changes in any potential risks that may impact AbbVie people, assets, or business continuity
- Provide decision support for leadership, providing assistance in short- and long-term planning strategies and information for implementation of proactive security recommendations and risk mitigation measures.
- Provide subject matter expertise as appropriate in regard to risks posed by crime, terrorism, social unrest, armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters, and other threats.
- Support BRI's country travel risk assessment process, which include country risk rating assignments, travel restriction levels, and travel partner communications.
- Provide travel safety advice, including Travel Security Briefings and content to BRI's Travel Safety Page and security awareness campaigns.
- Work with Global Security leadership to create new BRI intelligence products to address key concerns, such as Supply Chain crime.
- Build and maintain strong working partnerships within Global Security, other AbbVie functions, as well as external stakeholders
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree preferred. A major in International Relations, Political Science, Journalism or Communications preferred.
- Superior writing and analytical skills a must, together with strong verbal communication and briefing skills. Ability to research and synthesize large volumes of data quickly and accurately necessary.
- Foreign country/cultural exposure preferred (e.g. lived or studied abroad)
- At least 5 years of experience in international risk intelligence analysis. Background in private sector security preferred.
- A strong understanding of issues related to the worldwide security environment, geopolitics, country and travel risk, terrorism, crime, and civil unrest necessary.
- Detail-oriented but with ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- Familiarity with travel risk management and mapping products (e.g. International SOS, Risk Mapping Solution, etc.).
- Proven ability to effectively interact with and support a wide range of stakeholders, up to senior leaders
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled