Statistical Programmer III
Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer.
General Position Summary/Purpose:
Designs, develops, evaluates and modifies computer programs to analyze and evaluate clinical data. Generate Study specific and ad-hoc clinical data listings, summary tables and figures.
Key Accountabilities/Core Job Responsibilities:
- Performs data analysis using primarily the SAS programming language for the summary and interpretation of clinical trial data.
- Create CDISC SDTM and ADaM files and SAS export files to use for Electronic Submission from the data received in non-standard form from various sources.
- Performs Data analysis, statistical analysis, generate safety and efficacy tables, listings and graphs using Base SAS, SAS Macros, SAS/STAT, SAS/Graph, SAS/SQL and SAS/ODS.
- Review Data Management Plan, Data validation plan and edit check specifications
- Interact with Statisticians and other clinical team, perform ad hoc analysis and generate outputs according to the requirements.
- Recognizes inconsistencies and initiates resolution of data problems.
- Acts as a liaison between statistical programming, subcommittees and project teams as needed.
- Exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of intangibles.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- May provide guidance to other lower level personnel.
- Support lead programmer in generation of analysis datasets, generation of TLFs (Tables, Listings, and Figures), validation of aforementioned data and reports, and maintenance of study documentation
- Generate and QC summary tables, data listings and figures for in-house analyses of study data or publications using SAS standard coding practices.
- Validate work of other programmer/analysts at CRO or in-house.
- Maintain complete and auditable documentation of all programming activities.
- Ability to use professional concepts to achieve objectives in creative and effective ways.
- Experience in the analysis of Oncology clinical trial data a plus.
- Knowledge of CDISC standard (SDTM & ADaM) a plus.
- Minimum 5 years Pharmaceutical/Biotech programming experience.
- NDA submission experience is a plus
- Strong SAS programming and Statistical background along with experience with SAS Base, SAS/Macros, SAS/Graph and SAS/Stat.
Education Requirements (degree, certifications, etc.): Include must have and preferred
- BS in Statistics, Math or Scientific Discipline.