Laboratory Operations Specialist, Biomedical / Biotechnology Research Laboratory
MMRI is a nonprofit medical research organization seeking a head of Laboratory Operations with a significant understanding of laboratory safety, hazardous waste management and facility operations.
- Laboratory training of research personnel, equipment training and oversight
- Facilities Operations
- Facilities responsibilities encompass a broad range of needs and services, including maintenance of laboratory databases, troubleshooting and coordination of laboratory equipment repairs, purchase of new and used laboratory equipment, and training of personnel.
- Laboratory Safety
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the safety program, including Hazardous Material Business Plan, design/perform compliance inspections of laboratory areas, manage hazardous and biohazardous waste, and provide laboratory safety training.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in chemistry, biology or related science with experience working in a biomedical / biotechnology research laboratory setting.
- Knowledge of US safety and occupational health regulations (OSHA)
- Current California Title 22 Hazardous Waste Generator Training preferred
- Highly organized, excellent communication skills, reliable and attention to detail is critical.
- Proficient in computer software programs such as WORD and EXCEL
Response must include:
- Cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications