Senior Scientific Researcher
Nuredis, Inc. discovers and develops small molecule therapies for a group of inherited neurodegenerative and neuromuscular diseases, aiming to treat the cause of disease rather than just managing symptoms. Nuredis was founded in 2016 based on technology licensed from Stanford, with facilities in Menlo Park. Nuredis is looking for a self-driven candidate who will be an integral member of our dynamic and highly motivated research team, to make significant contributions to therapeutic development.
The current position to be filled is a Senior Scientific Researcher (SSR). The candidate will be expected to perform in vitro assays to determine therapeutic efficacy of small molecules in our therapeutic pipeline and to assist the development of new assays for future clinical diagnosis to measure biochemical markers of therapeutic effects. The scope of work includes running compound screening assays and performing a variety of molecular and cellular biological assays to evaluate drug efficacy. Documenting experimental processes and generating reports will also be essential duties.
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Neurobiology or related fields.
- Independent thinking and ability to perform experiments with minimal supervision
- Ability to work as a productive member in a dynamic and highly collaborative team; high level of energy, enthusiasm and initiative, good communication skills
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Candidates with direct experience in the following areas will be given priority.
- Reliable and steady hand in cell culture handling
- Experience in drug screening/validation
- Nucleic acid and protein handling, including DNA and RNA purification and quantification; RT-PCR, RNAseq, Western blotting, immuno-staining and other immunochemical techniques
- Experience in neurodegenerative or neuromuscular disorders
- Industry experience is a plus
- Ability to develop and execute experimental plans, interpret results, troubleshoot and refine further
- Ability to precisely document experimental procedures; clearly communicate and present research data
- Basic statistical analysis of data
Please include a cover letter with your resume when applying