Sr. Director, Commercial Supply Chain
The Senior Director, Commercial Supply Chain will be responsible for establishing and managing the end-to-end global commercial supply chain for Aimmune’s oral immunotherapy products for the treatment of food allergies. The Senior Director will be a member of the Manufacturing & Supply Chain team.
The core responsibilities include procurement of key materials/services, production scheduling, inventory management, and supply chain planning and oversight oversight Prior experience in commercial supply launch preparation and on-going supply chain management is essential. Some experience operating in a virtual manufacturing environment in a small to medium-size biotech is highly desirable.
- Identify, recruit, manage, and develop members of the commercial supply chain group
- Establish and develop the S & OP process at Aimmune and coordinate a regular S & OP meeting for Aimmune commercial products
- Develop and manage Aimmune’s commercial supply chain budget
- Negotiate and oversee supply agreements with contract manufacturers, freight forwarders/logistics providers, and 3PLs
- Translate Aimmune’s global commercial product forecast into demand forecasts and purchase order flows for contract drug product manufacturers and packagers
- Implement product inventory policy and supply chain risk mitigation strategies
- Working with Regulatory, Manufacturing, and Quality Assurance groups, identify and implement quality and process improvements across supply chain operations to improve efficiency, reduce costs, and ensure best practices
- Work closely with Commercial to select and establish business relationships with 3PL providers and specialty pharmas for distribution of Aimmune products
- Establish required licensure and ensure compliance with US and international regulations governing movement of material through the commercial supply chain including product serialization
- In conjunction with Regulatory and Quality Assurance, develop and implement procedures for recall of commercial products
- Develop systems and metrics to monitor and when necessary address supplier performance
- Perform other duties as needed to ensure that Aimmune’s commercial supply chain objectives are achieved
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in applicable discipline and 12+ years in pharmaceutical/biotech industry and 5 years minimum experience in manufacturing and commercial supply chain roles. Graduate degree (MBA) or equivalent experience in and education in strategic leadership preferred
- Comprehensive working knowledge of pharmaceutical GMPs, GDPs and other regulatory requirements and guidelines governing pharmaceutical supply chain activities required
- APICS certification is highly desirable
- Prior experience with build-out and development of a commercial supply chain group is needed
- Experience in cold chain distribution and drug product shipping validation is desirable
- Knowledge of and experience with regulations and requirements for product serialization is essential
- Extensive professional network of vendors for contract manufacturing, packaging and 3PLs is expected
- Experience configuring and using ERP/MRP systems for supply chain management is desirable
- Flexibility to travel on company business as required
Preferred Experience, Special Skills, Knowledge:
- Demonstrated supervisory and managerial skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability synthesize information from a variety of sources into coherent supply chain strategies and detailed execution plans
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to function in a dynamic cross-functional team environment
- Strong computer skills, with proficiency in spreadsheet, presentation and word processing software
- Financial acumen with ability to perform detailed cost calculations and financial planning
- Adaptability, flexibility, independence, and resourcefulness to multi-task as needed to thrive in a dynamic small company environment
About Aimmune Therapeutics, Inc.
Aimmune Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company founded to address the unmet medical need in food allergy, which currently has no approved treatments. Our mission is to improve the lives of people with food allergies, based on our proprietary desensitization treatments in development. Aimmune’s lead investigational drug for peanut allergy, AR101, is in Phase 3 clinical testing in North America and Europe. Headquartered in the heart of San Francisco’s biotechnology hub, Brisbane, California, Aimmune has additional offices in the Kings Cross area of London, and in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Qualified candidates should forward a resume and cover letter, including a statement of interest, availability, and experience.
Aimmune Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Principals only; no recruiters please.