Vium empowers biomedical investigators with technology that accelerates the preclinical drug discovery and development pipeline. Researchers can design, run, and analyze experiments that rapidly surface insights and high volumes of quality data. The platform improves the speed and reproducibility of preclinical research so that it is more predictive of how drugs perform in humans. The result is that better therapies get moved more quickly to patients who need them. Founded in 2013, we have a proven product, an awesome team, happy clients, smart investors and advisors, and plans to double in 2017 and beyond. Want to use your experience to help save lives? Here’s the chance for you to make this a reality.
We are seeking a highly motivated Scientist with experience to join our team.
Meaningful Things You’ll Do:
- Push the limits of the Vium technology to develop and validate creative, disease relevant in vivo assays.
- Design, execute, interpret and discover novel features from in vivo animal models.
- Work in close coordination with the technology team to achieve goals.
- Monitor, review and critically interpret published work to guide internal research.
- Be a thought leader for Vium by publishing scholarly articles, speaking at conferences.
- Flexibility to work with models and in therapeutic areas that are outside of expertise.
- Work effectively with external academic, foundations, biotechnology, and pharma partners.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 4+ years in immunology/inflammation
- Extensive experience conducting rodent experiments
- A proven track record of productivity, effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Enjoy working as part of a team and making those around you successful
More About Our Culture:
We’re a group of talented individuals across multiple disciplines, coming together to deliver great engineering!
- Say what we’ll do and then do it! As a growing team, we’ve increased collaboration between roles of development and operations.
- Have an attitude of shared responsibility and value building quality into the development process.
- Have a wide range of interests, which is why we’re in this company in the first place.
- Are focused on results more than hours-in-a-chair-at-the-office.
- Have great values and sense of community, while encouraging growth.
- Love what we do and love being part of a team that rewards trying new things.
What We Offer:
- Good salaries and benefits. Who doesn’t want that?
- Stock options
- Catered lunch most days and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and delicious drinks (Hungry anyone?)
- Flexible work hours and Friday demo days/happy hours
- Relaxed office in San Mateo with a casual environment
- Company teambuilding days, fun parties, including a week in the Summer when we close up shop and go on vacation
Our corporate office is in San Mateo and the remote-controlled lab is in the South Bay
If you are interested in applying for this role, please submit your CV along with a cover letter stating why you feel you are qualified for this job. Thank you.