Scientist, Bioanalytical Chemistry
Join us in the most challenging and rewarding science of our lives.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated DMPK-Bioanalytical Chemistry scientist. Your responsibilities will be to develop and/or oversee bioanalytical methods for the quantitative analysis of chemical entities (CEs) and their metabolites in plasma and other biological matrices, interpret and provide bioanalytical results to other scientists and project teams in support of drug discovery and development in a fast-paced environment. You must be capable of introducing new technologies and new laboratory approaches and demonstrate the ability to interpret and communicate bioanalytical results in meetings. Experience in the use of Pheonix (Win-Nonlin) software and conduct of in vitro studies and metabolite identification studies are required.
You will also be responsible for technical and scientific monitoring of Contract Research Organizations (CROs) involved in the bioanalysis supporting small molecule drug discovery, preclinical, and clinical development. Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to participating in CRO site selection and visits, support of method validation and bioanalysis, overseeing the transfer of bioanalytical methods to CROs, reviewing and reporting data in various formats and reviewing bioanalytical and validation reports.
Ideally, you will be self-driven, highly organized, focused and enjoy being a part of a dynamic team in a project-based environment solving challenging scientific problems to benefit patients.
- Ph.D. and 2 or more years relevant experience, or B.S. degree and 8 or more years relevant experience
- Demonstrated understanding of various extraction techniques for biological samples, such as liquid-liquid, solid phase and protein precipitation and experience in using various LC-MS platforms (i.e. Sciex triple quadrupole) and automation workstations
- Experience in the development, validation and implementation of bioanalytical methods in a GLP environment is a plus
- Experience with documentation of bioanalytical data, report writing, and automation are a plus
- Must be capable of managing projects with a high emphasis on quality and timelines
- Strongly aligned to Nurix’s culture and values; team-oriented and highly collaborative with a hands-on approach
Nurix is a science-focused company that is committed to bringing novel, first-in-class therapies to patients. Nurix is a leader in discovering a new class of drugs that work by modulating E3 ubiquitin ligases within the ubiquitin proteasome system (UPS). The UPS is a regulatory network that controls protein stabilization and degradation – a function vital to the healthy life of a cell – offering therapeutic opportunities in multiple disease areas. Nurix’s scientific team has established an innovative drug discovery platform to identify selective inhibitors or activators of the UPS, enabling the development of novel therapeutics that can restore normal cellular homeostasis.
Nurix was founded by internationally recognized experts in the UPS field and received its initial funding from leading life science investors, Third Rock Ventures and The Column Group. In 2015, Nurix entered into a multi-year strategic collaboration with Celgene to discover and develop next-generation therapies targeting protein homeostasis in oncology, immunology and inflammation, including the rapidly evolving field of immuno-oncology.
Nurix is based in San Francisco’s biotechnology hub, Mission Bay – where academia and industry come together for cutting-edge life-saving research.