Director, Global Pricing & Market Access, HEOR CAR T
Other Locations:US- NJ- Summit East
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
This Global Pricing & Market Access position, will support Celgene's current CAR T portfolio through the generation of real world evidence. He/she will lead priority projects, such as using real world data to characterize patient outcomes and show comparative benefit of Celgene's CAR T therapies to current standards of care. He/she will also be expected to provide advanced input on payer strategy, health outcomes differentiators, and the overall evidence generation plan for each asset. The individual is expected to work collaboratively with other members of the CAR T market access team, the GPT, other cross functional partners and colleagues from Celgene's strategic alliances/collaborations.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Development of real world evidence strategy for Celgene's CAR T assets, to support market access both at launch and for subsequent indications.
- Lead internal cross-functional project teams and coordinate vendor support to manage the develop of external control arms for use in discussions with health authorities and inclusion in reimbursement dossiers
- Work closely with the CAR T market access leads to provide input into the evidence generation plans for each asset. provide input on cost-effectiveness analyses (CEA) / budget impact models (BIM) / systematic literature reviews (SLRs), indirect/mixed treatment comparisons
- Liaise with internal knowledge management group on real world data strategic partnerships that could be leveraged to generate evidence in support of market access for Celgene's CAR T therapies
- Significant participation with advanced strategic contribution, in Celgene's Global product teams (GPTs).
- Has an in-depth understanding of payers and their perspective in the key worldwide markets and their emerging view on and acceptance of real world evidence to support access and reimbursement for oncology therapies. Experience using real world data to support access for CAR T or gene therapies a plus.
- Ideally has at least ~10 years' experience in the health care field, including significant experience in outcomes research or health economics; Previous experience in cellular immunotherapy a plus
- Preferably has multi-year experience with health authorities, governmental economists and reimbursement agencies, hospital administrators and health care insurance companies' general management, acquired at pharmaceutical companies, sickness funds, physician associations or health care consultancy companies.
- Has a solid scientific background enabling the assessment of trial design impact on payer strategies and has an ability to interpret and critique clinical study protocols, as well as identifying relevant clinical endpoints and conducting outcomes research in the early phases of clinical trial development.
- Can effectively liaise with Global franchise teams as well as Celgene's local and regional teams, creating an efficient working style within a diverse organizational matrix.
- Has an in-depth knowledge of the latest HEOR methodologies and approaches in the marketplace and how they can be employed to advance product value propositions
- Displays excellent business acumen, with first-rate communication abilities.
- Is comfortable working in a rapidly evolving scientific and competitive landscape with a high degree of ambiguity.
- Has strong influencing/negotiation skills and the ability to work at peer-level with experienced clinical, regulatory and commercial experts
- Has excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex or technical content in a convincing way to non-technical audiences.
- Is a flexible team member with a positive attitude and an ability to work collaboratively with other departments and functions.
- Adept at navigating international, multi-lingual, and cross-functional organizational matrices within a diverse and cross-cultural work environment.
- Is experienced in prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously and delivering results in a timely manner.
LI-POSTCelgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.