Director, Global Pricing & Market Access CAR-T
Other Locations:US- NJ- Summit East
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries, and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
This Global Pricing & Market Access position will support Celgene's current CAR-T portfolio and inform the strategy for new compounds and indications in this area. The selected candidate will be a key strategic market access representative on the Global Project Teams (GPTs) providing support to the appropriate indications as needed to ensure optimal clinical development strategies (informing appropriate endpoint and trial design), adequate representation and execution of outcomes research projects, input on price forecasts and expectations, and proactively identifying ways to optimize lifecycle plans. He/she will be expected to provide advanced input on payer strategy, health outcomes differentiators, demand expectations, and general market access viability. The individual is expected to work collaboratively with regional/local teams in their planning and execution of launch and access strategies, as well as work collaboratively with the organizations with which Celgene has strategic alliances/collaborations.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop and execute the global pricing and market access strategy for one or more of Celgene's CAR- T therapies to achieve market access objectives at value-appropriate pricing across indications and stages of product lifecycles.
- Identification of payer needs and product value/ability to address unmet needs, including evaluation of clinical, humanistic and economic benefits relative to standards of care and emerging competitors. Anticipate payer reaction to Celgene CAR-T therapies and pro-actively plan to overcome any challenges to meet payer needs.
- Develop product value proposition, including the development/updating of key resources supporting value (Health Economic model, value story, commercial toolkit). Partner with HEOR team in development and execution of a plan to address identified evidence gaps through additional studies, publications, messaging and scientific communication.
- Actively engage with cross-functional partners in protocol design process for early and registration studies, health economic studies and other data generation projects to ensure integration of payer relevant endpoints and analyses.
- Select and execute appropriate projects to identify product value and price in target markets, including as necessary any pricing research, benchmarking or relative value assessments, competitive analysis modeling or other activities.
- Significant participation with and contribution to Celgene's Global project teams (GPTs) and commercial teams, as well as major policy initiatives relevant to market access.
- Has an in-depth understanding of payers and their perspective in the key worldwide markets, as well trends in pricing & reimbursement. Ideally has at least 10 years' experience in the health care field, including significant experience in pricing, reimbursement, and market access; Previous experience in cellular immunotherapy a plus
- Preferably has multi-year experience in a local market access role in a major market, or working with/for relevant health authorities, governmental agencies, hospital administrators and/or health care insurance companies / sick funds.
- Has a solid scientific background or appropriate experience enabling assessment of trial design impact on payer strategies, and has an ability to interpret and critique clinical study protocols, as well as identifying relevant clinical endpoints and conducting outcomes research in the early phases of clinical trial development.
- Has an established and network of contacts in the fields of pricing, reimbursement, policy etc.
- Has an in-depth knowledge of the latest pricing, reimbursement and HEOR methodologies and approaches in the marketplace and how they can be employed to advance product value propositions
- Displays excellent business acumen, with awareness of the key issues or topics within complex situations.
- Is comfortable working in a rapidly evolving scientific and competitive landscape with a high degree of ambiguity.
- Has strong influencing/negotiation skills and the ability to work at peer-level with experienced clinical, regulatory and commercial experts
- Has excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex or technical content in a convincing way to non-technical audiences.
- Is a flexible team member with a positive attitude and an ability to work collaboratively with other departments and functions.
- Adept at navigating international, multi-lingual, and cross-functional organizational matrices within a diverse and cross-cultural work environment.
- Is experienced in prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously and delivering results in a timely manner.
#LI-POSTCelgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.