Operator, Distribution Center
The Chicago Distribution Center supports AbbVie marketing by receiving, storing and shipping AbbVie products. The Distribution Center Servicer will handle warehouse duties required to receive, identify, segregate, and process orders that may include hazardous material, high value items, and temperature sensitive items. Responsibilities:
- Must operate various types of materials handling equipment required to unload, move and correctly locate raw materials or API in warehouse or manufacturing areas.
- May be required to work in -20C freezer while wearing PPE.
- Maintain up to date training records reflecting successful completion and follow all procedures to maintain GDP and GMP expectations.
- Accurately pick or pack customer orders that may include cold chain and high value products.
- Maintain accuracy when completing records, completing SAP transactions interfacing with computers or hand held devices, cross checking and labeling material.
- Read and understand Business Operating Procedures related to job responsibilities and written in English.
- Receive and perform daily work assignments from group leader or supervisor.
- High School graduate or GED and be able to read, understand and enter information into detailed training records, batch records, and IT systems all written in English. Batch records will include basic math calculations to be completed.
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50 lbs., continuous walking, standing, stooping, and climbing ladders and operating moving equipment in indoor environment.
- Must be able to read and follow product warning labels and complete EHS requirements for the job.