Supervisor, US Oncology Commercial Finance
The Supervisor, US Oncology Commercial Finance will coordinate timely, accurate and well supported Plans, LBE's, LRP's, and Monthly Closes for the US Oncology Franchise, in line with Franchise, Divisional and Corporate requirements. The US Oncology Franchise is a key growth driver for the Commercial business. The Supervisor, US Oncology Commercial Finance routinely interfaces with both the Hematology and Solid Tumor General Managers, Sales and Marketing directors and their respective teams. The incumbent will also have interaction with the VP, US Oncology, US Oncology Forecasting, and US AbbVie Financial Management/Staff. The position contributes to strategic initiatives, provides insightful consultation, and lends expertise to Franchise management in order to ensure operating and financial deliverables are achieved. Key Responsibilities Include:
- Financial Support to Commercial Staff - Support the Hematology and Solid Tumor GM's and their staff, with financial guidance and assistance with the development of strategies in support of achieving business objectives. Proactively identify business issues and lead the development/presentation of ad hoc and recurring analyses that includes appropriate/insightful variance analysis, identification of trends, issues and opportunities, including the development of appropriate contingency plans, identifying key plus/(minus) items, augmenting management's understanding and drive for results.
- Plans, LBE's, LRP's and Monthly Closes - Responsible for coordinating timely, accurate and well supported Plans, LBE's, LRP's and Monthly Closes for the Oncology Franchise, in line with Franchise, Divisional and Corporate Requirements. Ensuring that strategic issues are appropriately highlighted and presented through the development of supporting analyses that creatively, concisely, and accurately reflect the commercial, marketing, and operational business unit.
- Financial Accounting, Reporting & Analysis and Internal Controls / Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance - Ensure financial results for the US Oncology business recorded in compliance with AbbVie financial policies (CFMs) and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Establish/enforce internal controls by providing guidance and counsel to operating and financial staff in the areas of Corporate Finance Manual (CFMs) policies, divisional internal control procedures, and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements. Support an environment of continuous process improvements to enhance controls. Promote ethics and compliance initiatives ensuring timely completion of required training and cooperating with internal/external auditors as required.
- 5 plus years of progressive accounting or finance experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Ability/desire to proactively search out and evaluate business problems and opportunities.
- Capability to direct efforts to achieve answers and results.
- Business problems are solved through the proactive identification of issues and subsequent collection, analysis and interpretation of related data. There demonstrated problem solving and analysis within a broad framework of AbbVie's corporate financial policies (CFM's).
- MBA in Accounting or Finance and/or CPA/CMA preferred, but not required.
- Multi-division experience and knowledge of the financial planning process is helpful.
- Solid understanding of automated accounting systems such as SAP, TM1, and desktop productivity and mainframe accounting applications is highly desired.
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the ‘essence' and can change course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.