Senior Associate, Marketing Operations and Promotional Review
Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer.
To learn more about us, please visit us at http://www.pharmacyclics.com/
Pharmacyclics is seeking
Senior Associate, Marketing Operations
(Promotional Review & Materials Management)
The Senior Associate, Marketing Operations - Promotional Review & Materials Management partners with Marketing to understand key business needs and initiatives, and provides operational and analytical support to drive efficiencies in associated project planning and execution. The Senior Associate collaborates with MARC Operations Management (MOM) to ensure Marketing's compliance with the materials review process and its SOP. The Senior Associate works closely with cross-functional partners including Marketing, Market Access, Regulatory, Legal, Compliance, Medical Affairs, and Information Technology, as well as collaboration partners and external third-party vendors to deliver excellence and efficiency in key initiatives though marketing tactics, product launches, congresses, and other activities. Strategic planning and collaboration are critical to success in this role. Additionally, the Senior Associate will be responsible for managing the inventory, distribution and tracking of promotional material to the field sales force, ensuring proper quantities are on hand for the field sales force. This individual will lead project management initiatives for the commercial organization. This is an excellent opportunity to join a high performing team committed to making a difference for the betterment of patients.
- Operate as brand-level point of contact in regards to the Materials Approval & Review Committees (MARC) process and MARC Operations Management (MOM) to build and maintain efficient review processes. Liaise with MOM to ensure timely development of Marketing materials through process including billing on PRC agendas and follow-up overdue tasks (ie, review, compliance submission, etc.).
- Submit MARC process improvement recommendations to MOM.
- Create a Field Direction Memo (FDM) template that can used on a recurring basis. Once Approved for Production, send the FDM though Sales Operations to the field, on a monthly basis along with up-to-date reports.
- Explore other mediums (eg, software) to determine if a there is better method of providing sales representatives with this information.
- Manage digital assets across Marketing's platforms, including the IMBRUVICA healthcare professional (HCP) and patient websites, iRep, and disease education website.
- Build, maintain, and communicate a monthly print tracker to provide visibility for marketing team into print material availability, quantities, and Vault expirations.
- Present process to Marketing team by which inventory will be managed and for project owners to take action on their respective projects.
- Establish relationships and regular communications (biweekly or as needed) with JBI, print production and fulfillment vendors and advertising agencies. Adequately plan and carry out print-related activates
- Assist in developing launch tracking resource, soliciting necessary input from relevant stakeholders including Marketing, Sales Training, advertising agencies, MOM and MARC reviewers.
- Partner with Regulatory Advertising & Promotion to ensure compliance with subpart H based promotional materials, including preparation and submission of draft materials to the Office of Prescription Drug Promotion (OPDP).
- A minimum of 3 years of biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience required, preferably in Marketing or Marketing/Commercial/Regulatory Operations
- Bachelor's degree; business or biological sciences preferred
- Demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility
- Experience or knowledge with a subpart H US product launch is preferred
- Demonstrated analytical skills and the ability to think strategically and solve problems
- Proven ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally to drive business results in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working closely with field sales organizations to implement marketing programs with measurable business impact
- Strong project management and budget management skills
- Experience managing multiple vendors and agency partners
- Ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities
- Strong understanding of legal and regulatory environment in pharmaceutical promotions, pharmaceutical industry guidelines, and other compliance-related issues
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to assess risks and benefits to make timely, sound decisions with various levels of information, and accept responsibly for meeting and/ or exceeding objectives
- Ability to travel up to 5-10% of the time