VP Patient Advocacy
Eloxx Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (http://www.eloxxpharma.com/ ) is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing novel small molecule medicines to treat many rare and ultra-rare genetic diseases caused by nonsense mutations. Nonsense mutations are a class of genetic defects that result in premature termination of protein synthesis. These nonsense mutations have been identified in over 2,000 rare and ultra-rare diseases. As a consequence, patients with a genetic disease caused by nonsense mutations have absent or truncated nonfunctional proteins, accounting for some of the most severe phenotypes in these genetic diseases. Eloxx’s lead product candidate, ELX-02, is an investigational, novel translational read-through inducing drug designed to restore synthesis of full-length functional proteins. ELX-02 is an investigational agent undergoing clinical trials and has not been approved by any global regulatory body. Eloxx was founded in 2013 and is headquartered in Waltham, MA. with R&D operations in Rehovot, Israel.
This is an opportunity to join a growing and energetic team, build a high performing company, gain personal development and transform patient lives.
Will play a key role in developing effective partnerships with patient advocacy organizations, professional disease associations and work collaboratively across many cross-functional teams. S/he is an important link between the company and the Patient/Caregiver and Patient Advocacy communities, will champion the patient perspective across internal functional groups, and develop innovative solutions and programs to meet the dynamic needs of the patient community.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Set strategy for patient advocacy and disease association relationships in collaboration with key internal constituents and support regional execution of the strategy
- Identify, prioritize, create, and execute engagement plans for patient advocacy groups and disease associations
- Educate patients, families, patient organizations and providers on coverage and reimbursement options
- Create and deliver patient-aimed communication materials in close cooperation with other members of the commercial and medical organizations
- Serve as patient advocacy lead on the formal and informal internal cross-functional teams that are created to develop strategies and tactics for product-related issues and activities
- Manage agency partners engaged for specific advocacy initiatives to ensure maximum impact and that desired goals and objectives are met. Be accountable for associated budgets and resources.
- BS degree in a life science with a master degree preferred
- 15-20 years of experience in customer facing/support roles including 5+ years specifically in-patient advocacy, public relations, public health, philanthropy, government relations or related field.
- An understanding of the needs and behaviors of a broad variety of stakeholders, including patients, their families, consumers and medical professionals.
- Ability to travel 30%
Interested candidates can click "Apply now"