Senior Scientist / Scientist
Eloxx Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (http://www.eloxxpharma.com/ ) is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing novel small molecule medicines to treat many rare and ultra-rare genetic diseases caused by nonsense mutations. Nonsense mutations are a class of genetic defects that result in premature termination of protein synthesis. These nonsense mutations have been identified in over 2,000 rare and ultra-rare diseases. As a consequence, patients with a genetic disease caused by nonsense mutations have absent or truncated nonfunctional proteins, accounting for some of the most severe phenotypes in these genetic diseases. Eloxx’s lead product candidate, ELX-02, is an investigational, novel translational read-through inducing drug designed to restore synthesis of full-length functional proteins. ELX-02 is an investigational agent undergoing clinical trials and has not been approved by any global regulatory body. Eloxx was founded in 2013 and is headquartered in Waltham, MA. with R&D operations in Rehovot, Israel.
This is an opportunity to join a growing and energetic team, build a high performing company, gain personal development and transform patient lives.
The Senior Scientist / Scientist oversees and directs the activities of a scientific group in the research and/or development of an organization's products, projects and programs. Conducts and collaborates with others on basic research and development relevant to long-term objectives and concerns. Writes and reviews manuscripts for publication. Develops strategies to ensure
effective achievement of scientific objectives. Monitors and evaluates completion of tasks and projects. May develop budgets for capital expenditures and labor. Typically collaborates with other top managers to establish company policies. Makes final decisions on administrative or operational matters.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Work closely with the CMO, and must be comfortable working in an independent start-up atmosphere.
- Be the main analytical resource for the company capable of efficiently planning the scope of all analytical work, developing and/or adapting analytical methodology and executing all aspects of product testing in support of pharmaceutical product development in an R&D environment.
- Provide analytical expertise and technical support during product scale-up and commercial manufacturing at third party contract development and manufacturing organizations.
- Recommend and facilitate the introduction of relevant technologies needed to support the formulation development function.
- PhD level education at Senior Director/ Director level.
- MS degree at manager level.
- 8-12 years of directly related experience.
- Ability to travel 20%
Interested candidates can click "Apply now"