Manager, Human Resources
Eloxx Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (http://www.eloxxpharma.com/ ) is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing novel small molecule medicines to treat many rare and ultra-rare genetic diseases caused by nonsense mutations. Nonsense mutations are a class of genetic defects that result in premature termination of protein synthesis. These nonsense mutations have been identified in over 2,000 rare and ultra-rare diseases. As a consequence, patients with a genetic disease caused by nonsense mutations have absent or truncated nonfunctional proteins, accounting for some of the most severe phenotypes in these genetic diseases. Eloxx’s lead product candidate, ELX-02, is an investigational, novel translational read-through inducing drug designed to restore synthesis of full-length functional proteins. ELX-02 is an investigational agent undergoing clinical trials and has not been approved by any global regulatory body. Eloxx was founded in 2013 and is headquartered in Waltham, MA. with R&D operations in Rehovot, Israel.
This is an opportunity to join a growing and energetic team, build a high performing company, gain personal development and transform patient lives.
Directs the planning, development, implementation and administration of one or more human resources programs in the function of employment, compensation, benefits, employee relations, equal employment opportunity of training programs. Advises company management in personnel policy and program matters, making or recommending appropriate decisions.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Partners with business client to build and staff the organization.
- Manages the recruiting and employment process from budget planning through new hire orientation. Oversees changes in organizational design and restructuring, including reductions in force if required.
- Advises department managers regarding company policies including equal employment opportunity, compensation and employee benefits. Consults with managers and advises action in situations of employee misconduct or poor performance. Maintains a legally current and thorough employee handbook for use throughout organization.
- Consults legal counsel to ensure that policies and practices comply with federal and state law.
- Develops and maintains a human resources system that meets top management information needs.
- Oversees the analysis, maintenance and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization.
- Designs, delivers or arranges for training programs in human resources related areas such as team skills, interviewing, leadership and various management skills.
- Administer COBRA, HIPAA and Leave of Absences.
- Manages vendors and third parties.
- BS in business or human resources with an MBA preferred
- 8-10 years of experience in the pharma industry
- Ability to interact with all levels of leadership and employees
- Ability to travel 25%
Interested candidates can click "Apply now"