Eloxx Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (http://www.eloxxpharma.com/ ) is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing novel small molecule medicines to treat many rare and ultra-rare genetic diseases caused by nonsense mutations. Nonsense mutations are a class of genetic defects that result in premature termination of protein synthesis. These nonsense mutations have been identified in over 2,000 rare and ultra-rare diseases. As a consequence, patients with a genetic disease caused by nonsense mutations have absent or truncated nonfunctional proteins, accounting for some of the most severe phenotypes in these genetic diseases. Eloxx’s lead product candidate, ELX-02, is an investigational, novel translational read-through inducing drug designed to restore synthesis of full-length functional proteins. ELX-02 is an investigational agent undergoing clinical trials and has not been approved by any global regulatory body. Eloxx was founded in 2013 and is headquartered in Waltham, MA. with R&D operations in Rehovot, Israel.
This is an opportunity to join a growing and energetic team, build a high performing company, gain personal development and transform patient lives.
Plans and oversees the analysis and interpretation of quantitative data from clinical trials and studies to provide information for pharmaceutical product development and regulatory filings. Develops overall strategy of clinical data acquisition and processing in the clinical development stages of a drug by performing the following duties.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Provides input on design of study, reviews protocols, and estimates database requirements.
- Conceives and drafts statistical methods section for proposed research protocols.
- Performs sample size calculations in conjunction with clinical staff to determine minimum number of research subjects necessary for valid interpretation of results.
- Oversees statistical analysis for all ongoing studies and decides final interpretation in conjunction with other senior researchers and management.
- Directs creation and modification of statistical programs to analyze, review, or summarize data.
- Prepares statistical reports, tabulations, and graphs for presentation at meetings or conferences, and for publication in technical journals.
- Develops new statistical methods and formulas for complex study designs.
- Oversees personnel involved in clinical data processing, including form design, data tracking, data entry codes, and document processing.
- Serves on the senior management team and participates in corporate level strategic planning.
- Requires a Master's degree in Statistics
- 12-15 years related experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to effectively communicate analysis and data to senior leadership
- Ability to travel 25%
Interested candidates can click "Apply now"