Director / Associate Director Program Management
Eloxx Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (http://www.eloxxpharma.com/ ) is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing novel small molecule medicines to treat many rare and ultra-rare genetic diseases caused by nonsense mutations. Nonsense mutations are a class of genetic defects that result in premature termination of protein synthesis. These nonsense mutations have been identified in over 2,000 rare and ultra-rare diseases. As a consequence, patients with a genetic disease caused by nonsense mutations have absent or truncated nonfunctional proteins, accounting for some of the most severe phenotypes in these genetic diseases. Eloxx’s lead product candidate, ELX-02, is an investigational, novel translational read-through inducing drug designed to restore synthesis of full-length functional proteins. ELX-02 is an investigational agent undergoing clinical trials and has not been approved by any global regulatory body. Eloxx was founded in 2013 and is headquartered in Waltham, MA. with R&D operations in Rehovot, Israel.
This is an opportunity to join a growing and energetic team, build a high performing company, gain personal development and transform patient lives.
The Director / Associate Director Program Management provides project leadership to cross- functional teams in the successful delivery of all phase drug development projects or sub projects within a major development program. These responsibilities include leadership of the team in predicting and planning solutions to achieve successful operational execution; driving the team to achieve clarity on issues and focus on effective contingencies; interfacing with senior management and influencing decision-making on projects. This position will have a high level of interaction with Senior Management to ensure that the scientific strategy is clearly integrated into operational plans.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Lead the project planning efforts for assigned development programs in defining and implementation of the project strategy and operational plan by managing the creation of the operational plan and formulating the project scope, project plan, & critical paths with the Project Team and the Senior Management team.
- Identify and drive project and resource priorities that align with the business objectives that establishes, communicates and executes plans that drive toward goal achievement.
- Provides clear direction and obtains buy-in of all team members to Integrated global development plan commitments.
- Manages the identification and escalation of potential issues/risks or obstacles and achieves resolution or plans contingencies and follow issues through to resolution ensuring that all issues arrive at a singular conclusion or recommendation.
- Responsible to lead and manage a drug development budget of varying size and scope in all phases of drug development projects.
- Work with Regulatory Affairs to effectively manage timely completion of clinical trial applications and end of Phase II and Phase III meetings.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in science or math, with a Master’s degree is preferred.
- Requires 8-12 years of directly related experience.
- Ability to travel 30%.
Interested candidates can click "Apply now"