Director Reimbursement & Access
Eloxx Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (http://www.eloxxpharma.com/ ) is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing novel small molecule medicines to treat many rare and ultra-rare genetic diseases caused by nonsense mutations. Nonsense mutations are a class of genetic defects that result in premature termination of protein synthesis. These nonsense mutations have been identified in over 2,000 rare and ultra-rare diseases. As a consequence, patients with a genetic disease caused by nonsense mutations have absent or truncated nonfunctional proteins, accounting for some of the most severe phenotypes in these genetic diseases. Eloxx’s lead product candidate, ELX-02, is an investigational, novel translational read-through inducing drug designed to restore synthesis of full-length functional proteins. ELX-02 is an investigational agent undergoing clinical trials and has not been approved by any global regulatory body. Eloxx was founded in 2013 and is headquartered in Waltham, MA. with R&D operations in Rehovot, Israel.
This is an opportunity to join a growing and energetic team, build a high performing company, gain personal development and transform patient lives.
The Director of Reimbursement / Access will be responsible for monitoring and analyzing healthcare policy, public payer activities and trends, including coverage, coding and payment policies at the national level (CMS) and coverage policy at the local level (Medicaid and Medicare Carrier Level). The Director will be responsible for communicating his/her findings as well as his/her recommendations for strategy and tactics to the senior management. The primary responsibility of this position will be to create reimbursement strategies that support corporate goals and objectives for patient access.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for establishing the reimbursement and access strategy for all Eloxx products.
- Working with CMS to ensure favorable reimbursement for Eloxx products.
- Establish a system for price reporting to the various governmental agencies (federal and state) – reports will be complete, in the approved format, and on time.
- Creates and maintains the appropriate databases to ensure adherence to government best price
- Develop and manage payer relationships including but not limited to medical directors, policy staff, technical staff, general staff and any individual(s) who impact the reimbursement decisions regarding products and the specific procedures used to deliver those products.
- Monitor Federal and State laws that impact reimbursement, and provide on-going assessments of the legal environment.
- Support the field sales force through training initiatives, and other programmed learning relating to current reimbursement trends.
- Develop and implement a patient assistance and indigent program
- BS degree in business with an MBA preferred
- 10-15 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Previous experience in product launch is required
- Ability to travel 30%
Interested candidates can click "Apply now"