Chief Business Officer
Eloxx Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (http://www.eloxxpharma.com/ ) is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing novel small molecule medicines to treat many rare and ultra-rare genetic diseases caused by nonsense mutations. Nonsense mutations are a class of genetic defects that result in premature termination of protein synthesis. These nonsense mutations have been identified in over 2,000 rare and ultra-rare diseases. As a consequence, patients with a genetic disease caused by nonsense mutations have absent or truncated nonfunctional proteins, accounting for some of the most severe phenotypes in these genetic diseases. Eloxx’s lead product candidate, ELX-02, is an investigational, novel translational read-through inducing drug designed to restore synthesis of full-length functional proteins. ELX-02 is an investigational agent undergoing clinical trials and has not been approved by any global regulatory body. Eloxx was founded in 2013 and is headquartered in Waltham, MA. with R&D operations in Rehovot, Israel.
This is an opportunity to join a growing and energetic team, build a high performing company, gain personal development and transform patient lives.
Senior leader responsible for corporate/business development and for pre-commercial operations that would include strategic planning and access/reimbursement. Develops, negotiates, and implements partnerships and licensing arrangements with companies or academic/medical institutions. Additionally, explores M&A opportunities.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Develops strategies for establishing partnerships and business relationships to market products or services in international locations.
- Collaborates with internal departments, such as marketing, sales, regulatory affairs and clinical development, and with external partners and allies in the development and implementation of strategies, plans, and business models.
- Seeks out and researches prospective projects through making phone calls, traveling, attending conferences, and utilizing the Internet.
- Manages relationships with various prospects and partners throughout the initial contact, due diligence and negotiation process.
- Estimates market demand for proposed products based on market research and consumer trends.
- Provides support to upper management in deal negotiations, contract development, due diligence, and other business development or alliance development projects.
- Assists the marketing department with the planning of marketing and promotions, including advertising, special sales, and licensing rights.
- Provides input to the management team on new product to be developed to meet current and future company needs.
- Researches and learns all new emerging technologies and trends.
- Will build and lead commercial operations which will include sales, marketing, sales operations, training and major accounts and access reimbursement.
- Master's degree or equivalent with 15-20 years of business development/commercial operations experience
- Direct experience in closing business development deals
- Direct experience in dealing with and interacting with the BoD
- The ability to travel up to 30%
Interested candidates can click "Apply now"