Associate Director, Publications / Meeting Planning
Eloxx Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (http://www.eloxxpharma.com/ ) is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing novel small molecule medicines to treat many rare and ultra-rare genetic diseases caused by nonsense mutations. Nonsense mutations are a class of genetic defects that result in premature termination of protein synthesis. These nonsense mutations have been identified in over 2,000 rare and ultra-rare diseases. As a consequence, patients with a genetic disease caused by nonsense mutations have absent or truncated nonfunctional proteins, accounting for some of the most severe phenotypes in these genetic diseases. Eloxx’s lead product candidate, ELX-02, is an investigational, novel translational read-through inducing drug designed to restore synthesis of full-length functional proteins. ELX-02 is an investigational agent undergoing clinical trials and has not been approved by any global regulatory body. Eloxx was founded in 2013 and is headquartered in Waltham, MA. with R&D operations in Rehovot, Israel.
This is an opportunity to join a growing and energetic team, build a high performing company, gain personal development and transform patient lives.
This position is responsible for development of overall publication strategy as well as managing the writing and editing of journal abstracts, manuscripts, posters and slide presentations. The incumbent is responsible for gathering data for manuscripts, physician-manuscript author interaction, coordinating with professionals to obtain data analyses and statistics, draft writing, manuscript editing, and journal submissions.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- In collaboration with R&D, develop publication strategy in support of the clinical research program
- Attend strategic meetings with cross functional teams to review key data to support publication strategy development.
- Coordinate the development of publication-ready manuscripts and presentations with internal departments and vendors.
- Draft, edit, manage review cycles and coordinate revisions for assigned clinical research documents.
- Prepare slide decks and poster presentations for key scientific meetings and congresses in collaboration with clinical team.
- Develop and implement templates and formats to ensure that documents meet industry and editorial standards
- Will assist in the drafting of documents for regulatory submissions, including but not limited to clinical study reports, clinical protocols, Investigator’s Brochures, and annual reports.
- Will be lead for meeting planning.
- An advanced degree is required (Ph.D. or Pharm.D. preferred) in biological or medical sciences, or an equivalent field.
- 8-12 years of experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry
- Comprehensive understanding of the drug development process is essential.
- Must possess excellent organization, collaboration skills and ability to manage multiple projects across clinical development programs.
- Ability to travel 20%
Interested candidates can click "Apply now"