Sr Administrative Assistant, Temporary Employee
This is a gene therapy company committed to discovering and developing novel medicines that can offer life-changing benefits to patients living with alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency (A1AT), hereditary angioedema, Friedreich’s ataxia or wet age-related macular degeneration (wAMD) who currently have limited or burdensome treatment options. This position will provide support to the Clinical Development and Operations Department and will report to the Chief Medical Officer.
- Provides operational support to Chief Medical Officer and the Clinical Team, which may include greeting guests, scheduling and coordinate meetings, conferences, and conference calls.
- Manages hectic and complex calendars, coordinates and facilitates meetings, prepares agendas, attends meetings, and distributes minutes to include handling of routine follow up matters.
- Maintains, organizes and updates office filling systems, assists in administrative problem solving, program/project planning, development, and execution of stated goals and objective
- Utilize their knowledge and understanding of underlying operational issues to create, compose, and edit technical and/or administrative correspondence and documentation, provide assistance in planning and project management activities
- Advise and follow through on administrative matters from internal departments and external agencies, manage variance reporting for budgets, create and/or maintain budgets, databases/spreadsheets and related systems
- Develop and/or modify reports, as appropriate, tracks and monitor Clinical policies in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Assist in and coordinate activities which fall under the purview of the Chief Medical officer.
- Interact with internal and external contacts (vendors, regulators, visitors), and uses professionalism, tact and cultural sensitivity.
- Arranges both domestic and international travel, compiles documents for travel-related meetings. Prepares monthly expense reports and reconciles credit card statements.
- Prepare and submit contract requests (CDA’s, MSA’s, Quality Agreements etc.) via Novatus/Conga.
- Submit purchase requests/orders via NetSuite.
- Plan and coordinate employee/client events
- Team player with the other Administrators.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field and a minimum of two years administrative office experience or 5 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication, analytical, team building and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting senior management or C-Level executives, preferably in a biopharma organization preferred.
- Consideration may be given to internal candidates who possess an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Problem solving - identifies and resolves problems quickly and efficiently, with high attention to detail.
- Professionalism - position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently, have a commitment to high levels of customer service and excel in a deadline-driven environment that involves multiple, simultaneous projects.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of extremely sensitive and private data.
- Ability to perform under pressure and against tight deadlines
- Demonstrated team player with excellent interpersonal skills who is able to work with diverse groups and willing to assist wherever needed.
- Ability to manage a fluid/iterative environment with a calm, professional demeanor in a startup environment.