Scientist I, Immuno-Oncology Research - PreClinical
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a biotechnology company discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics. FivePrime has a differentiated discovery platform and capabilities that is fueling a growing portfolio of development candidates.
Our pipeline includes:
- Cabiralizumab (FPA008), an anti-CSF-1R antibody currently in development in a Phase 2 trial in pigmented villonodular synovitis (PVNS) and a Phase 2 trial in second-line pancreatic cancer
- FPA144, an anti-FGFR2b antibody currently in a Phase 1/3 clinical trial in FGFR2b over-expressing gastric cancer
- FPA150, an anti-B7H4 antibody will enter Phase 1 clinical development in the first half of 2018
- FPT155, a CD80 fusion protein, which is in IND-enabling studies
We have entered into strategic discovery and development collaborations with leading pharmaceutical and biotech companies, including Bristol-Myers Squibb, GSK, UCB and Zai Labs.
FivePrime is committed to innovation and outstanding science, values that are reflected in our people and our products. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
FivePrime is seeking an immunologist or cancer immunologist to explore mechanism and rational combinations for our clinical and preclinical therapeutic molecules. This position reports to Director of Immuno-Oncology Research.
- Develop in vitro human tumor model systems for assessing therapies directed at macrophage and T cells
Perform day-to-day laboratory bench work and present scientific findings/ results with line management
- Collaborate with the other scientists/ project leads on assigned projects
Present project updates to senior management and other functional business stakeholders
- Execute experiments and scientific tasks with a high level of independence, scientific rigor and curiosity
Other projects when assigned
- Ph.D.in immunology, cancer immunology, or related field with at least 4 years of relevant, research experience. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of biopharmaceutical industry experience in the fields of immuno-oncology and/or inflammation.
- Expertise in human immunology or cancer immunology is required
- Experience working with co-culture systems, such as 3D spheroids, is preferred
- Experience independently developing immune assays, such as mixed lymphocyte reactions, is required and working with monocytes, macrophages, or dendritic cells is preferred
- Experience with relevant technologies, including flow cytometry, gene expression, multiplex protein analysis, IHC is desired
- Broad understanding of drug development especially immune cancer therapy
- Ability to collaborate effectively cross-functionally and in a team setting
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced dynamic environment while delivering high quality work
At FivePrime, we believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where different backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
FivePrime is an equal opportunity employer. FivePrime makes employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection, without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.Please call or reply with any comments.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.