Senior Research Specialist, Immuno-Oncology Research - Target Validation
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases.
We have an industry-leading and differentiated drug discovery platform. Our comprehensive proprietary libraries of the extracellular proteome, differentiated screening capabilities and protein therapeutic generation and engineering capabilities comprise a unique and powerful IND engine that positions us to discover novel pathways and targets in immuno-oncology and will continue to generate important development programs.
Our success with our drug discovery platform has led to a pipeline that is on track to more than double to five development programs in clinical trials across multiple indications in 2018. We also have several undisclosed research programs at different points of the target validation and molecule generation phases that have the potential to yield our next wave of development-stage therapeutic biologics. And we continue to fuel this process at the earliest stages with new screens planned this year.
Five Prime is committed to innovation and outstanding science to develop effective new drugs for the treatment of severe diseases. We value our culture of openness, collaboration and productivity.
The company is in a strong financial position and has an effective executive team and Board of Directors. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Research Specialist to support target discovery and validation in immuno-oncology research. The successful candidate will be a key individual contributor to one or more projects in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment. In addition, he/she will provide technical and scientific input on the project team as well as guidance to junior staff.
- Work cross-functionally within the Research organization to identify, characterize and advance targets through research and preclinical development
- Independently plan, execute/troubleshoot experiments to support in vitro MoA studies, antibody screening and in vivo efficacy studies
- Design, optimize and implement a wide-range of assays, including multiplex flow cytometry, mixed lymphocyte reaction, proliferation assay, ELISA, Luminex, reporter assays and etc.
- Independently analyze experiment data and present research findings/recommendations to senior staff and line management
- Document experimental activities and data analysis thoroughly and accurately in electronic notebook
- B.S. degree with 8+ years of relevant experience or M.S. degree with 6+ years of relevant experience, preferably in Immuno-Oncology/Immunology
- Extensive experience with immune profiling using multiplex flow cytometry is required
- Expertise in isolating immune cell populations, culturing mammalian cells and performing immune assays is required (e.g., tumor-immune cell coculture, proliferation assays, ELISA, Luminex)
- Direct experience in drug discovery and target validation in pharmaceutical/ biotech is preferred
- Experience with myeloid cell biology and/or modulation of tumor microenvironment is preferred
- Experience with in vivo studies and mouse tissue processing and profiling is a plus
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task and a strong growth mindset with positive “can-do” attitude towards assigned tasks
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Independent, self-motivated to solve complex scientific problems via analytical and innovative thinking
- Collaborate effectively within team and cross-functionally while demonstrating a calm, positive attitude and a superior work ethic
At FivePrime, we believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where different backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
FivePrime is an equal opportunity employer. FivePrime makes employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection, without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.