Phylagen is developing a microbiome data generation and analytics platform with applications ranging from supply chain security to public health. We are bringing on an innovative lab scientist knowledgeable in process development from sample preparation through data generation on qPCR and sequencing platforms. You will be joining a diverse technology team that includes molecular biologists, data scientists, and chemists.
The role is highly collaborative, involving tight interaction with dynamic lab and data analysis teams. We are looking for an agile team player who is a fast learner with relevant experience that will allow them to contribute quickly. As part of a small company, you may be required to perform tasks in areas outside of your primary responsibilities.
We offer a competitive salary, equity, and benefits package. You will be a key player in a cutting edge, rapidly growing venture-backed microbiome startup.
- Drive laboratory process and product development
- Development of laboratory workflows with a special focus on high-throughput sequencing and highly parallel sample processing
- Developing and optimizing protocols for amplicon and shotgun metagenomic libraries
- Translating processes to automated and high-throughput pipelines for the generation of high-quality sequence data
- Conducting proof of concept experiments for emerging solutions and applications of the Phylagen technology
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in biology, molecular biology, microbiology, biochemistry, or related field with 5 years of industrial development experience
- Deeply knowledgeable in low biomass sample handling, high-throughput sequencing library preparation, qPCR, Illumina sequencing platforms, assay and systems development
- Preferred: expertise in sequencing platform tuning, laboratory automation, microbiome, primer/probe design