Senior Manager, Project Management
Reporting to Chief Scientific Officer, the Senior Manager of Project Management (PM) has responsibility for developing project plans and budgets for pre-clinical IND enabling studies that are used to obtain a US IND for Cyteir’s lead RAD51 inhibitor program, for qualifying studies required for companion diagnostics, and for clinical trials. The PM will be responsible for tracking the execution and spending according to the plans. He/She will work closely with the project team to assure timely execution according to plan within the given time and budget. The PM will possess a solid understanding of all aspects of drug development, including US and international government guidelines/regulations and the drug approval process. A successful PM will have deep expertise in the IND process and at least a working familiarity with other areas of preclinical research and development. The PM will be involved in managing the RAD51 program which includes both drug and diagnostic preclinical and clinical development strategies.
Key tasks for the Senior Manager of Project Management:
· Manage projects of varying complexity with supervision from the CSO
· Work closely with the CSO, functional leaders, internal scientists, and consultants to develop strategies, timelines, milestones and budgets, and ensure their efficient and successful execution
o Establish and maintain high level timelines and detailed timelines with input from the functional leaders and consultants.
o Establish timelines and budgets for all IND enabling studies and all companion diagnostic studies
o Track various parts of the timeline and bring issues to the CSO, participate in resolutions, update timelines on an on-going basis to allow transparency to corporate leadership
o Assure that timelines are met and that studies stay on budget
o Lead the budget development and review activities and ensure all activities (upside and down side) are accounted for and assumptions are documented
· Establish close relationships with vendors and contractors to execute the IND enabling studies
· Establish deliverables for all team members, and assure delivery on time
· Escalate delays to leadership early and propose mitigating measures to prevent delays
· Establish development plans and keep them updated on a regular basis
· Prepare monthly progress reports as required
· Implement best practices for tracking of projects
· Develop templates, dashboards, and processes for project management
· Effectively manage conflicts and negotiations
· Lead the communication of the product strategy to the Cyteir Executive Committee which will include presenting/defending key development strategies and providing regular program updates
· Ensure that the tactical plan supports all elements of the product development plan and includes a detailed timeline and budget
· Liaise with key scientific and medical investigators as appropriate
· Bachelor’s degree (or higher), preferably in the biological sciences or healthcare discipline, with a minimum 5 years of pharma/biotech experience/3 years Project Management experience or equivalent; PMP certification desirable.
· Strong organizational, analytical, communication, and negotiation skills.
· Collaborative mindset with demonstrated ability to lead in small or large team settings.
· Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize effectively and creatively, exhibit flexibility in a changing environment and communicate effectively with a multi-site team
· Proficient with project tracking tools, e.g. Microsoft Project and Excel and presentation tools, e.g. PowerPoint
· Excellent project management skills and results driven
· Demonstrate excellent communication skills and cross-functional collaboration skills
· Experience and proficiency with information technology systems and project management tools including systems (MS project, Microsoft Visio, Excel, etc.)
· Possesses a global understanding of the drug development process, including clinical operations, and a cross-cultural awareness
· Ability to effectively manage conflicts and negotiations while providing impact and influence
· Excellent organizational, analytical, and planning skills
· Knowledge of diagnostic development and/or oncology
· Strong influencing skills, ability to build consensus within multi-functional teams and strong critical thinking and issue resolution skills
· Understanding of drug manufacturing principles and regulatory practices in major markets
· Ability to interpret scientific data and understand the implications for clinical and diagnostic drug development
· Strong communication skills and experience in presenting and developing presentation materials to corporate management and BODs
· Strong knowledge of project management practices and best business practices for working within a multi-functional pharma environment