Research Associate or Associate Scientist, Pharmacology
Carmot Therapeutics, Inc. is a biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of innovative drugs for the treatment of metabolic diseases, cancer, and inflammation. With multiple discovery programs and partnerships, Carmot is seeking a dedicated and experienced pharmacologist to join our Biology team.
In this position, you will have responsibility for multiple activities in drug discovery, including assay development, lead compound characterization and validation, using in vivo metabolic disease models to support lead molecule selection and mechanism of action studies directly impacting our clinical candidate selection. The environment at Carmot is fast paced, requiring you to be excellent at multitasking and teamwork to achieve common goals. We value diverse perspectives and encourage our scientists to contribute at multiple levels within the company.
- Characterize lead molecules using acute, sub-chronic and chronic in vivo models
- Develop in vivo assays to assess the mechanism of action of newly identified compounds
- Investigate and validate mechanism of action of drug leads
- Effectively communicate important results to team members and collaborators
Required experience and skills:
- BS, MS in cell biology or related field with 3-5 years of post-graduate in vivo pharmacology experience
- Minimum of 2 years of industrial experience
- Proficiency in mammalian cell culture including primary cell line generation
- Expertise in in vivo drug delivery
- Experience with DEXA scanning, micro-tomography and MRI is a plusAbility and willingness to contribute to multiple projects while remaining well organized, and to creatively solve challenging problems and rapidly adapt to changing priorities
- Flexible work schedule with ability to contribute to frequent evening and weekend efforts
Carmot offers competitive salary, participation in stock option plan, and comprehensive benefits. As a growing company, we have research facilities in Berkeley and San Francisco. This position is at the San Francisco site. To apply please forward your resume and contact information to email@example.com and include “Bio 181” in the subject line. Carmot is an equal opportunity employer.