Manager, Payroll Service Providers
This Manager of Payroll Service Providers is responsible for managing AbbVie's outsourcing relationships with AbbVie's Global Payroll Vendors (GPV) and the payroll services being provided by them. The incumbent will be accountable for the oversight of the service provider contracts and is responsible for ensuring that the service provider delivers consistent, high quality, accurate payroll processes globally. Responsibilities include managing BPO operations, controls, resourcing and infrastructure to ensure the vendor effectively and efficiently complies with the contract, identify process issues and improvements to stabilize the vendor's payroll operations, service performance management processes, meetings, metrics and tools, and contract governance. Key Responsibilities Include:
- Primary responsibility for managing AbbVie's outsourcing relationships and the payroll services being provided by them, including contract management, performance management, compliance management and relationship management.
- Responsible for contracting. Work with the purchasing team and outsourcing center of excellence to ensure the appropriate controls and compliance mechanisms are in place with the outsourced service provider.
- Facilitates service support trend analyses and significant problem and root-cause analyses services as required to identify areas of improvement. Facilitates the formal documenting, assigning for resolution, tracking and reporting of unresolved issues which require escalation.
- Formalizes the regular (normally annual) review of current operating procedures and practices with input on recommendations for improvement/use of industry/functional/process best practices. Also assists the organization in keeping current all Standard Operating Procedures and Desk Top Procedures, including local variant documentation.
- Provides oversight and facilitates resolution and escalation for compliance and performance issues. Resolves all service performance and quality issues relating to the service provider relationship. Facilitates risk and compliance activities to ensure service provider is compliant with internal and external policies and regulations.
- Assists in the review and approval of service provider change requests and change orders, including the tracking of such requests and orders.
- Invoice management, including determining if payment credits (Service Level and Critical Milestone) will be exercised.
- Responsible for compliance, including tracking of country changes and ensuring vendor and global payroll team is compliant.
- Lead global, regional and country specific projects and participate on global project teams. Lead projects related to the payroll providers, including system upgrades.
- Travel: 10-25% of the time
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts with a concentration in Finance / Accounting. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in deploying and managing back office operations in an outsourced environment (preferably payroll operations), responsible for operations across multiple major countries or large geographic region, or managing operations for a BPO. This experience is inclusive of 5+ years of experience managing payroll operations in an outsourced environment
- Strong vendor management skills, including ability to drive BPO performance and ensure compliance
- Strong negotiating skills, technical knowledge to ensure contract compliance; pricing analysis and development; process-based performance benchmarking
- Results-oriented, proactive, independent and capable of working in a collaborative manner across functions & geographies; creative problem solver
- Attention to detail, with the ability to simultaneously see and manage the “big picture”
- Solid business judgment with a good sense of reasonableness and a pragmatic approach
- Working knowledge of Workday, SAP Payroll and Kronos Time & Attendance systems is preferred
- Strong project management and implementation skills, including leading large cross-functional projects. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and requests.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, in English
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled