Scientist, Technology Integration & Bioinformatics
Zymeworks is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation bispecific and multifunctional biotherapeutics. Zymeworks’ suite of complementary therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely engineer and develop highly-differentiated product candidates.
Zymeworks is seeking a highly-motivated professional who is looking to grow their career with our company.
About the Position
We are seeking a Scientist to join the Technology Integration & Bioinformatics (TI&B) group, a team of scientists with diverse backgrounds from the computational and biological sciences. Scientists in the TI&B group work closely with the Software and Modeling & Simulation groups to advance our in-house technology platforms for biologics optimization including protein and antibody engineering. In addition, members of the TI&B group work with Scientists in the R&D departments assisting in bioinformatics projects and implementing methods for data analysis and interpretation. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in the implementation of bioinformatics methods, algorithm development, as well as experience in analyzing experimental data.
The position reports to the Lead of the Technology Integration & Bioinformatics group and will be based in Vancouver, BC.
- Assists the team with the research, development and implementation of bioinformatics tools, and algorithms that facilitate the analysis of experimental and in-silico data.
- Designs, conducts and/or validates statistical analysis of in vitro and in vivo experimental data, and assists scientists in making data-driven decisions.
- Works with the scientists in Protein Engineering, Discovery Research, and Therapeutics Research teams to gather requirements and specifications for bioinformatics methods and tools.
- Implements bioinformatics methods for protein engineering and antibody discovery in conjunction with the software development group.
- Participates in the development of high-throughput and large dataset mining and analysis techniques.
Qualifications and Experience
- MSc or PhD in Bioinformatics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field and 2 to 5 years’ related experience.
- Strong skills in biological sequence analysis and bioinformatics algorithm design.
- Strong background in statistical analysis using R, SAS, Matlab or other statistical packages.
- Experience in implementing and validating informatics methods.
- Effective software development skills in Python or any other programming language.
- Experience in analysis of next generation sequencing data is considered an asset.
- Experience in biostatistics and clinical data analysis is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of molecular biology and protein science is considered an asset.
- Excellent communication in spoken and written English.
Why Work for Us?
Zymeworks’ employees are passionate, engaged and extremely motivated to succeed. We are excited by the cutting-edge science and technology, the endless possibilities this union holds and the sheer opportunity to be a part of something big. To learn more about Zymeworks Inc. and our current openings, please visit our website at www.zymeworks.com.
We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.