Regional Marketing Manager
Rigel is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery and development of novel, targeted drugs in the therapeutic areas of immunology, oncology and immuno-oncology. Rigel's pioneering research focuses on signaling pathways that are critical to disease mechanisms. Our business strategy is to transition to a commercial-stage company with our Phase 3 results from fostamatinib in immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP), Rigel has submitted an NDA. We continue to build an extensive portfolio of products in immunology and oncology, monetizing select assets through attractive partnerships. The Regional Marketing Manager, Medical Marketing will be a key member of the Marketing department advancing Rigel’s commercial programs.
The Regional Marketing Manager (RMM) will report into the Associate Director, Medical Marketing. The RMM will be a critical member of the fostamatinib marketing team helping implement regional peer to peer commercial efforts to support overall brand objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintaining a uniquely deep and nuanced understanding of regional Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and other influencers, treatment and utilization trends and opportunities and challenges for the brand and marketing tactics within the region
- Continually identify and develop KOLs, to consistently build advocacy for Rigel and fostamatinib
- Lead and moderate regional advisory boards
- Manage regional component brand Speaker’s Bureau, both in programs, analyzing metrics, and training speakers for the programs
- Lead Marketing based peer-to-peer initiatives at regional conferences (e.g. product theaters)
- Attendance and insight collection from pertinent national, regional, and local level conferences and symposiums
- Collaborating with sales leadership on key regional insights to inform national strategy, and continual partnership with sales leadership to implement customized regional marketing tactics
- Generate and communicate actionable insights to help inform national strategy, customizing tactical execution, and driving efficiencies in marketing spend
- Execute the strategic imperatives of the national brand plan and help drive brand awareness at the local level
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- 7+ years of relevant pharmaceutical or healthcare experience, hematology and oncology marketing and sales experience required
- At least 2 years' previous direct experience with hematology thought leaders with demonstrated access to key accounts
- Commercial hematology or oncology launch experience preferred
- Ability to process a great deal of information in a fast-paced environment
- Active hematology KOL relationships in current geography
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with both Academic and Community KOLs
- Proficiency in the development and execution of marketing initiatives
- Proven track record for consistently meeting or exceeding qualitative and/or quantitative goals
- Strong team player and motivated individual contributor
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Highly professional person with high ethical standards and integrity
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related fields (required); MBA (preferred)
- Position will require significant travel pre-launch (e.g., key customer engagement, advisory boards, medical conferences, home office visits, etc.).Travel post-launch approx. 35-50%
Rigel Pharmaceuticals Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity.
All individuals are encouraged to apply.