Senior Research Associate (Cell Biology)
SENIOR RESEARCH ASSOCIATE (CELL BIOLOGY)
The Senior Research Associate will have experience in cell-based assays to assist in target discovery and small molecule profiling.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform in vitro studies for early drug discovery projects
- Execute cell-based and biochemical screening assays to evaluate drug candidates
- Develop and optimize novel assays
- Independently plan, execute and analyze experiments
- Degree in biological sciences with relevant hands-on laboratory experience in industry: MSc with at least 8 years of experience, BSc with at least 12 years of experience, or equivalent
- Solid experience in immunoassays, biochemical and cell based assays; experience using small molecules is preferred
- Cell culture experience using cell lines and primary cells
- Flow cytometry experience
- Experience in handling blood samples, tissue processing and ex vivo assays is highly preferred
- Experience in hematology or immunology is a plus
- Sound statistical understanding and knowledge of common statistical software including Graph Prizm
- The candidate will be expected to work independently and effectively within a team setting, be proactive and design experiments to answer specific scientific questions.
- Organized, self-motivated, able to multi-task and deliver results in a timely manner
- Good communication and presentation skills
Fit with GBT culture:
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
- Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual contributor
- Values-based leadership consistent with GBT's Core Values
- Excitement about the vision and mission of GBT
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Global Blood Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.