Sales Representative II
We are seeking a Sales Representative II to represent Beckman Coulter Diagnostics in our Capital Equipment. The primary role of this position is to actively promote the company’s products and services to a defined customer base in the Boston area. The successful candidate is expected to implement a sales plan designed to achieve established sales and financial goals; call on prospective and current company customers; involves technical personnel to resolve customer’s issues and problems as needed; will participate in the establishment of sales targets and design of the territory's sales plan; and controls sales expenses. Responsible for strategic sales targeting Hospital laboratories and reference laboratories.
Essential Functions of this role are to:
- Call on predominantly accounts in an active sales cycle to position Beckman Coulter products for customer’s needs.
- Product Discipline and Subject Matter Expert
- Able to work within a team
- Attend Business Reviews of top 90% revenue accounts
- Sells and promotes company products.
- Implements the sales plan designed to achieve established sales and financial goals
- Calls on prospective and current company customers
- Involves technical personnel to resolve customers issues and problems as needed
- May participate in the establishment of sales targets and design of the territory's sales plan; and controls sales expenses.
- Manage a complex selling process in which the sales cycle are years to develop with many different decision makers.
- Highly motivated and success driven
- Solid understanding of tactical sales skills (prospecting, qualifying, closing, and growing existing customers) strongly preferred in laboratory diagnostics.
- Bachelor’s degree in field with 2+ years’ capital sales experience OR Master’s degree in field with 2+ years’ experience with capital equipment sales.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent time and territory management habits
- Record of success in the territory
- Experience with personal computer, e-mail, and Microsoft Office programs
- Experience working with distribution channels
- Self-motivated and strong interpersonal skills who is a team player
- The work environment for this position is field sales based with home office.
- The field sales activity will take this individual into customers’ locations and moderate physical activity (e.g. lifting/carrying of materials) occurs.
- Overnight travel is required, amount is predicated on home office location and territory activity.