Lead Mechanical Engineer
We are looking for a dynamic Mechanical Engineer to join our team! The ideal candidate will be an experienced mechanical engineer who is seeking an exciting product development opportunity where the primary responsibility will be to bring engineering development experience to our Hardware Engineering team.
The primary responsibility for this position is to support our ongoing development for both new and legacy products. The Mechanical Engineer will be a critical team member working on new products, and supporting legacy products.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of projects though product conception, definition, design, documentation, and release to production.
- Serves as an SME Lead in relevant product development projects.
- Serves as the Core Team member or lead in relevant cross functional projects.
- Works collaboratively across engineering disciplines to define product architectures and ensure consistency of common technologies.
- Designs and analyzes mechanical systems to achieve product specifications.
- Develops component and system tests to validate performance of mechanical components which demonstrate manufacturability, compliance with CE EMC, and environmental stress.
- Maintains existing products as required to meet safety, reliability, and customer expectations.
- Organizes and actively participates in design reviews and project reviews.
- Adheres to quality system requirements in the development of new products including all required documentation.
- Understands Danaher Business System tools and applies to day-to-day work.
- Ensures compliance to organizational policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 9+ years OR a Master’s degree in Engineering with a minimum of 7+ years OR Doctoral in Engineering with 4 years of directly relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience to perform at this level.
- No less than 3 years of experience in product development including design, manufacturing, and market use of product.
- Experience with IVD and/or Life Science instruments – desired.
- Familiar with ISO quality systems related to design control and product release requirements and audits.
- Experience with SolidWorks and / or ProEngineer.
- Demonstrated experience with ASME and / or ISO dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Solidworks dynamic simulation a plus.
- Familiarity with electronic Product Data Management (ePDM) a plus.
- Mechanical design, modeling, performance analysis, and tradeoff analysis.
- Packaging of cameras, optics, printed circuit boards, and microfluidic pumps and valves a distinct plus.
- Background in the design and construction of glass / metal / acrylic flow cells including adhesives a plus.
- Knowledge of instrument enclosure design for EMC/CE compliance a plus.
- Materials and component selection for reliability and chemical compatibility.
- Any experience with hands-on machining and bench fabrication a plus.
- Rapid 3D prototyping a plus.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and on cross-functional teams.
- Ability to travel as needed.
This is a great opportunity of being part of a highly committed & engaged team. You can take pride in the fact that you are giving back to society by working on instruments that help save lives and keep us healthy.
Beckman Coulter is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.