Senior Electrical Engineer
We are looking for a dynamic Senior Electrical Engineer to join our team! The ideal candidate will be an experienced electrical engineer who is seeking an exciting product development opportunity where the primary responsibility will be to bring engineering development experience to our Hardware Engineering team.
The primary responsibility for this position is to support our ongoing development programs for both new and legacy products. The Electrical Engineer will be a critical team member working cross-functionally on programs developing new products, and in supporting legacy instrumentation in cost reduction, product design changes due to regulatory and environmental standard revisions, and customer driven product enhancements.
- Electrical Engineering new design and post-design support for new and existing in-vitro blood and urine diagnostic instruments.
- Serves as an SME in relevant product development projects.
- Serves as the Core Team member in relevant cross functional projects.
- Works with the R&D team to develop new and innovative products.
- Uses electrical CAD to design PCBs and PCAs that are used worldwide.
- Works with application associates to come up with new features and requirements for products.
- Implements new designs and design corrections from Concept to Manufacturing.
- Supports existing products in the field through Technical Support/Field Service and Manufacturing.
- Maintains existing products as required to meet safety, reliability, and customer expectations.
- Organizes and actively participates in design reviews and project reviews.
- Adheres to quality system requirements in the development of new products including all required documentation.
- Understands Danaher Business System tools and applies to day-to-day work.
- Ensures compliance to organizational policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- BS in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 8+ years OR Master’s degree with 5+ years OR Doctoral degree with 2+ years of directly relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience to perform at this level.
- No less than 3 years of experience in product development including design, manufacturing, and market use of product.
- Experience with IVD and/or Life Science instruments – desired.
- Familiarity with high speed cameras, flash illumination, stepper motor controls, microfluidic valve and pump control a plus.
- Understanding of Product Development Process, Life Cycles Management, and Manufacturing.
- Expertise in Analog, Digital and Microcontroller centered Electrical design.
- Experience in FPGA design with knowledge of Verilog and VHDL languages is a plus.
- Experience using with one or both of Altium, or Cadence, CAD packages.
- Demonstrated experience in Simulation and timing analysis.
- Working knowledge of grounding and noise reduction techniques as well as EMI and RFI control.
- Familiar with micro-controller based automation control design.
- Experience in firmware coding a plus for supporting firmware group.
- Design for manufacturing: Ease of assembly, Cost of Goods, second sourcing.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of manufacturing testing systems: in-circuit and functional testing.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and on cross-functional.
- Ability to travel as needed.
This is a great opportunity of being part of a highly committed & engaged team. You can take pride in the fact that you are giving back to society by working on instruments that help save lives and keep us healthy.
Beckman Coulter is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.